52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Then Zophar the Na'amathite answered:
- "Should a multitude of words go unanswered, and a man full of talk be vindicated?
- Should your babble silence men, and when you mock, shall no one shame you?
- For you say, 'My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in God's eyes.'
- But oh, that God would speak, and open his lips to you,
- and that he would tell you the secrets of wisdom! For he is manifold in understanding. Know then that God exacts of you less than your guilt deserves.
- "Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?
- It is higher than heaven--what can you do? Deeper than Sheol--what can you know?
- Its measure is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
- If he passes through, and imprisons, and calls to judgment, who can hinder him?
- For he knows worthless men; when he sees iniquity, will he not consider it?
- But a stupid man will get understanding, when a wild ass's colt is born a man.
- "If you set your heart aright, you will stretch out your hands toward him.
- If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in your tents.
- Surely then you will lift up your face without blemish; you will be secure, and will not fear.
- You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away.
- And your life will be brighter than the noonday; its darkness will be like the morning.
- And you will have confidence, because there is hope; you will be protected and take your rest in safety.
- You will lie down, and none will make you afraid; many will entreat your favor.
- But the eyes of the wicked will fail; all way of escape will be lost to them, and their hope is to breathe their last."
- Then Job answered:
- "No doubt you are the people, and wisdom will die with you.
- But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you. Who does not know such things as these?
- I am a laughingstock to my friends; I, who called upon God and he answered me, a just and blameless man, am a laughingstock.
- In the thought of one who is at ease there is contempt for misfortune; it is ready for those whose feet slip.
- The tents of robbers are at peace, and those who provoke God are secure, who bring their god in their hand.
- "But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the air, and they will tell you;
- or the plants of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you.
- Who among all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?
- In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind.
- Does not the ear try words as the palate tastes food?
- Wisdom is with the aged, and understanding in length of days.
- "With God are wisdom and might; he has counsel and understanding.
- If he tears down, none can rebuild; if he shuts a man in, none can open.
- If he withholds the waters, they dry up; if he sends them out, they overwhelm the land.
- With him are strength and wisdom; the deceived and the deceiver are his.
- He leads counselors away stripped, and judges he makes fools.
- He looses the bonds of kings, and binds a waistcloth on their loins.
- He leads priests away stripped, and overthrows the mighty.
- He deprives of speech those who are trusted, and takes away the discernment of the elders.
- He pours contempt on princes, and looses the belt of the strong.
- He uncovers the deeps out of darkness, and brings deep darkness to light.
- He makes nations great, and he destroys them: he enlarges nations, and leads them away.
- He takes away understanding from the chiefs of the people of the earth, and makes them wander in a pathless waste.
- They grope in the dark without light; and he makes them stagger like a drunken man.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.