52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Then Zophar the Naamathite answered,
- "Shall a multitude of words go unanswered, And a talkative man be acquitted?
- "Shall your boasts silence men? And shall you scoff and none rebuke?
- "For you have said, "My teaching is pure, And I am innocent in your eyes.'
- "But would that God might speak, And open His lips against you,
- And show you the secrets of wisdom! For sound wisdom has two sides. Know then that God forgets a part of your iniquity.
- " Can you discover the depths of God? Can you discover the limits of the Almighty?
- "They are high as the heavens, what can you do? Deeper than Sheol, what can you know?
- "Its measure is longer than the earth And broader than the sea.
- "If He passes by or shuts up, Or calls an assembly, who can restrain Him?
- "For He knows false men, And He sees iniquity without investigating.
- " An idiot will become intelligent When the foal of a wild donkey is born a man.
- " If you would direct your heart right And spread out your hand to Him,
- If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away, And do not let wickedness dwell in your tents;
- "Then, indeed, you could lift up your face without moral defect, And you would be steadfast and not fear.
- "For you would forget your trouble, As waters that have passed by, you would remember it.
- "Your life would be brighter than noonday; Darkness would be like the morning.
- "Then you would trust, because there is hope; And you would look around and rest securely.
- "You would lie down and none would disturb you, And many would entreat your favor.
- "But the eyes of the wicked will fail, And there will be no escape for them; And their hope is to breathe their last.' 12
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Then Job responded,
- "Truly then you are the people, And with you wisdom will die!
- "But I have intelligence as well as you; I am not inferior to you. And who does not know such things as these?
- "I am a joke to my friends, The one who called on God and He answered him; The just and blameless man is a joke.
- " He who is at ease holds calamity in contempt, As prepared for those whose feet slip.
- "The tents of the destroyers prosper, And those who provoke God are secure, Whom God brings into their power.
- "But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you; And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you.
- "Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you; And let the fish of the sea declare to you.
- "Who among all these does not know That the hand of the LORD has done this,
- In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind?
- "Does not the ear test words, As the palate tastes its food?
- "Wisdom is with aged men, With long life is understanding.
- "With Him are wisdom and might; To Him belong counsel and understanding.
- "Behold, He tears down, and it cannot be rebuilt; He imprisons a man, and there can be no release.
- "Behold, He restrains the waters, and they dry up; And He sends them out, and they inundate the earth.
- "With Him are strength and sound wisdom, The misled and the misleader belong to Him.
- "He makes counselors walk barefoot And makes fools of judges.
- "He loosens the bond of kings And binds their loins with a girdle.
- "He makes priests walk barefoot And overthrows the secure ones.
- "He deprives the trusted ones of speech And takes away the discernment of the elders.
- "He pours contempt on nobles And loosens the belt of the strong.
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light.
- "He makes the nations great, then destroys them; He enlarges the nations, then leads them away.
- "He deprives of intelligence the chiefs of the earth's people And makes them wander in a pathless waste.
- "They grope in darkness with no light, And He makes them stagger like a drunken man. 13
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.