|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- A covenant I made for mine eyes, And what -- do I attend to a virgin?
- And what [is] the portion of God from above? And the inheritance of the Mighty from the heights?
- Is not calamity to the perverse? And strangeness to workers of iniquity?
- Doth not He see my ways, And all my steps number?
- If I have walked with vanity, And my foot doth hasten to deceit,
- He doth weigh me in righteous balances, And God doth know my integrity.
- If my step doth turn aside from the way, And after mine eyes hath my heart gone, And to my hands cleaved hath blemish,
- Let me sow -- and another eat, And my products let be rooted out.
- If my heart hath been enticed by woman, And by the opening of my neighbour I laid wait,
- Grind to another let my wife, And over her let others bend.
- For it [is] a wicked thing, and a judicial iniquity;
- For a fire it [is], to destruction it consumeth, And among all mine increase doth take root,
- If I despise the cause of my man-servant, And of my handmaid, In their contending with me,
- Then what do I do when God ariseth? And when He doth inspect, What do I answer Him?
- Did not He that made me in the womb make him? Yea, prepare us in the womb doth One.
- If I withhold from pleasure the poor, And the eyes of the widow do consume,
- And I do eat my morsel by myself, And the orphan hath not eat of it,
- (But from my youth He grew up with me as [with] a father, And from the belly of my mother I am led.)
- If I see [any] perishing without clothing, And there is no covering to the needy,
- If his loins have not blessed me, And from the fleece of my sheep He doth not warm himself,
- If I have waved at the fatherless my hand, When I see in [him] the gate of my court,
- My shoulder from its blade let fall, And mine arm from the bone be broken.
- For a dread unto me [is] calamity [from] God, And because of His excellency I am not able.
- If I have made gold my confidence, And to the pure gold have said, `My trust,'
- If I rejoice because great [is] my wealth, And because abundance hath my hand found,
- If I see the light when it shineth, And the precious moon walking,
- And my heart is enticed in secret, And my hand doth kiss my mouth,
- It also [is] a judicial iniquity, For I had lied to God above.
- If I rejoice at the ruin of my hater, And stirred up myself when evil found him,
- Yea, I have not suffered my mouth to sin, To ask with an oath his life.
- If not -- say ye, O men of my tent, `O that we had of his flesh, we are not satisfied.'
- In the street doth not lodge a stranger, My doors to the traveller I open.
- If I have covered as Adam my transgressions, To hide in my bosom mine iniquity,
- Because I fear a great multitude, And the contempt of families doth affright me, Then I am silent, I go not out of the opening.
- Who giveth to me a hearing? lo, my mark. The Mighty One doth answer me, And a bill hath mine adversary written.
- If not -- on my shoulder I take it up, I bind it a crown on myself.
- The number of my steps I tell Him, As a leader I approach Him.
- If against me my land doth cry out, And together its furrows weep,
- If its strength I consumed without money, And the life of its possessors, I have caused to breathe out,
- Instead of wheat let a thorn go forth, And instead of barley a useless weed! The words of Job are finished.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- And these three men cease from answering Job, for he [is] righteous in his own eyes,
- and burn doth the anger of Elihu son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram; against Job hath his anger burned, because of his justifying himself more than God;
- and against his three friends hath his anger burned, because that they have not found an answer, and condemn Job.
- And Elihu hath waited earnestly beside Job with words, for they are older than he in days.
- And Elihu seeth that there is no answer in the mouth of the three men, and his anger burneth.
- And Elihu son of Barachel the Buzite answereth and saith: -- Young I [am] in days, and ye [are] age Therefore I have feared, And am afraid of shewing you my opinion.
- I said: Days do speak, And multitude of years teach wisdom.
- Surely a spirit is in man, And the breath of the Mighty One Doth cause them to understand.
- The multitude are not wise, Nor do the aged understand judgment.
- Therefore I have said: Hearken to me, I do shew my opinion -- even I.
- Lo, I have waited for your words, I give ear unto your reasons, Till ye search out sayings.
- And unto you I attend, And lo, there is no reasoner for Job, [Or] answerer of his sayings among you.
- Lest ye say, We have found wisdom, God doth thrust him away, not man.
- And he hath not set in array words for me, And with your sayings I do not answer him.
- (They have broken down, They have not answered again, They removed from themselves words.
- And I have waited, but they do not speak, For they have stood still, They have not answered any more.)
- I answer, even I -- my share, I shew my opinion -- even I.
- For I have been full of words, Distressed me hath the spirit of my breast,
- Lo, my breast [is] as wine not opened, Like new bottles it is broken up.
- I speak, and there is refreshment to me, I open my lips and answer.
- Let me not, I pray you, accept the face of any, Nor unto man give flattering titles,
- For I have not known to give flattering titles, In a little doth my Maker take me away.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.