52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- "Ihave made a covenant with my eyes; How then could I gaze at a virgin?
- "And what is the portion of God from above Or the heritage of the Almighty from on high?
- "Is it not calamity to the unjust And disaster to those who work iniquity?
- "Does He not see my ways And number all my steps?
- "If I have walked with falsehood, And my foot has hastened after deceit,
- Let Him weigh me with accurate scales, And let God know my integrity.
- "If my step has turned from the way, Or my heart followed my eyes, Or if any spot has stuck to my hands,
- Let me sow and another eat, And let my crops be uprooted.
- "If my heart has been enticed by a woman, Or I have lurked at my neighbor's doorway,
- May my wife grind for another, And let others kneel down over her.
- "For that would be a lustful crime; Moreover, it would be an iniquity punishable by judges.
- "For it would be fire that consumes to Abaddon, And would uproot all my increase.
- "If I have despised the claim of my male or female slaves When they filed a complaint against me,
- What then could I do when God arises? And when He calls me to account, what will I answer Him?
- "Did not He who made me in the womb make him, And the same one fashion us in the womb?
- "If I have kept the poor from their desire, Or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail,
- Or have eaten my morsel alone, And the orphan has not shared it
- (But from my youth he grew up with me as with a father, And from infancy I guided her),
- If I have seen anyone perish for lack of clothing, Or that the needy had no covering,
- If his loins have not thanked me, And if he has not been warmed with the fleece of my sheep,
- If I have lifted up my hand against the orphan, Because I saw I had support in the gate,
- Let my shoulder fall from the socket, And my arm be broken off at the elbow.
- "For calamity from God is a terror to me, And because of His majesty I can do nothing.
- "If I have put my confidence in gold, And called fine gold my trust,
- If I have gloated because my wealth was great, And because my hand had secured so much;
- If I have looked at the sun when it shone Or the moon going in splendor,
- And my heart became secretly enticed, And my hand threw a kiss from my mouth,
- That too would have been an iniquity calling for judgment, For I would have denied God above.
- "Have I rejoiced at the extinction of my enemy, Or exulted when evil befell him?
- " No, I have not allowed my mouth to sin By asking for his life in a curse.
- "Have the men of my tent not said, "Who can find one who has not been satisfied with his meat'?
- "The alien has not lodged outside, For I have opened my doors to the traveler.
- "Have I covered my transgressions like Adam, By hiding my iniquity in my bosom,
- Because I feared the great multitude, And the contempt of families terrified me, And kept silent and did not go out of doors?
- "Oh that I had one to hear me! Behold, here is my signature; Let the Almighty answer me! And the indictment which my adversary has written,
- Surely I would carry it on my shoulder, I would bind it to myself like a crown.
- "I would declare to Him the number of my steps; Like a prince I would approach Him.
- "If my land cries out against me, And its furrows weep together;
- If I have eaten its fruit without money, Or have caused its owners to lose their lives,
- Let briars grow instead of wheat, And stinkweed instead of barley.' The words of Job are ended. 32
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Then these three men ceased answering Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- But the anger of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram burned; against Job his anger burned because he justified himself before God.
- And his anger burned against his three friends because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
- Now Elihu had waited to speak to Job because they were years older than he.
- And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of the three men his anger burned.
- So Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite spoke out and said, "I am young in years and you are old; Therefore I was shy and afraid to tell you what I think.
- "I thought age should speak, And increased years should teach wisdom.
- "But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding.
- "The abundant in years may not be wise, Nor may elders understand justice.
- "So I say, "Listen to me, I too will tell what I think.'
- "Behold, I waited for your words, I listened to your reasonings, While you pondered what to say.
- "I even paid close attention to you; Indeed, there was no one who refuted Job, Not one of you who answered his words.
- "Do not say, " We have found wisdom; God will rout him, not man.'
- "For he has not arranged his words against me, Nor will I reply to him with your arguments.
- "They are dismayed, they no longer answer; Words have failed them.
- "Shall I wait, because they do not speak, Because they stop and no longer answer?
- "I too will answer my share, I also will tell my opinion.
- "For I am full of words; The spirit within me constrains me.
- "Behold, my belly is like unvented wine, Like new wineskins it is about to burst.
- "Let me speak that I may get relief; Let me open my lips and answer.
- "Let me now be partial to no one, Nor flatter any man.
- "For I do not know how to flatter, Else my Maker would soon take me away. 33
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.