|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- I made a covenant with mine eyes; and how should I fix my regard upon a maid?
- For what would have been [my] portion of +God from above, and what the heritage of the Almighty from on high?
- Is not calamity for the unrighteous? and misfortune for the workers of iniquity?
- Doth not he see my ways, and number all my steps?
- If I have walked with falsehood, and my foot hath hasted to deceit,
- (Let me be weighed in an even balance, and +God will take knowledge of my blamelessness;)
- If my step have turned out of the way, and my heart followed mine eyes, and if any blot cleaveth to my hands;
- Let me sow, and another eat; and let mine offspring be rooted out.
- If my heart have been enticed unto a woman, so that I laid wait at my neighbour's door,
- Let my wife grind for another, and let others bow down upon her.
- For this is an infamy; yea, it is an iniquity [to be judged by] the judges:
- For it is a fire that consumeth to destruction, and would root out all mine increase.
- If I have despised the cause of my bondman or of my bondmaid, when they contended with me,
- What then should I do when łGod riseth up? and if he visited, what should I answer him?
- Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not One fashion us in the womb?
- If I have withheld the poor from [their] desire, or caused the eyes of the widow to fail;
- Or have eaten my morsel alone, so that the fatherless ate not thereof,
- (For from my youth he grew up with me as with a father, and I have guided the [widow] from my mother's womb;)
- If I have seen any perishing for want of clothing, or any needy without covering;
- If his loins have not blessed me, and if he were not warmed with the fleece of my lambs;
- If I have lifted up my hand against an orphan, because I saw my help in the gate:
- [Then] let my shoulder fall from the shoulder-blade, and mine arm be broken from the bone!
- For calamity from łGod was a terror to me, and by reason of his excellency I was powerless.
- If I have made gold my hope, or said to the fine gold, My confidence!
- If I rejoiced because my wealth was great, and because my hand had gotten much;
- If I beheld the sun when it shone, or the moon walking in brightness,
- And my heart have been secretly enticed, so that my mouth kissed my hand:
- This also would be an iniquity for the judge, for I should have denied the łGod who is above.
- If I rejoiced at the destruction of him that hated me, and exulted when evil befell him;
- (Neither have I suffered my mouth to sin by asking his life with a curse;)
- If the men of my tent said not, Who shall find one that hath not been satisfied with his meat? --
- The stranger did not lodge without; I opened my doors to the pathway.
- If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding mine iniquity in my bosom,
- Because I feared the great multitude, and the contempt of families terrified me, so that I kept silence, and went not out of the door, ...
- Oh that I had one to hear me! Behold my signature: let the Almighty answer me! And let mine opponent write an accusation!
- Would I not take it upon my shoulder? I would bind it on to me [as] a crown;
- I would declare unto him the number of my steps; as a prince would I come near to him.
- If my land cry out against me, and its furrows weep together;
- If I have eaten the fruits thereof without money, and have tormented to death the souls of its owners:
- Let thistles grow instead of wheat, and tares instead of barley. The words of Job are ended.
- And these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- Then was kindled the anger of Elihu the son of Barachel, the Buzite, of the family of Ram: against Job was his anger kindled, because he justified himself rather than God;
- and against his three friends was his anger kindled, because they found no answer, and [yet] condemned Job.
- But Elihu had waited till Job had finished speaking, because they were older than he.
- And Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of the three men, and his anger was kindled.
- And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are aged; wherefore I was timid, and feared to shew you what I know.
- I said, Let days speak, and multitude of years teach wisdom.
- But there is a spirit which is in man; and the breath of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
- It is not the great that are wise; neither do the aged understand judgment.
- Therefore I say, Hearken to me; I also will shew what I know.
- Lo, I waited for your words; I gave ear to your reasonings, until ye searched out what to say.
- Yea, I gave you mine attention, and behold, there was none of you that confuted Job, that answered his words;
- That ye may not say, We have found out wisdom; łGod will make him yield, not man.
- Now he hath not directed [his] words against me; and I will not answer him with your speeches. ...
- They were amazed, they answered no more; words failed them.
- And I waited, for they spoke not, but stood still, and answered no more; --
- I will answer, I also in my turn, I also will shew what I know:
- For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.
- Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; like new flasks, it is ready to burst.
- I will speak, that I may find relief; I will open my lips and answer.
- Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person; neither will I give flattery to man.
- For I know not how to flatter; my Maker would soon take me away.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.