52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And Job again took up his discourse, and said:
- "As God lives, who has taken away my right, and the Almighty, who has made my soul bitter;
- as long as my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
- my lips will not speak falsehood, and my tongue will not utter deceit.
- Far be it from me to say that you are right; till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
- I hold fast my righteousness, and will not let it go; my heart does not reproach me for any of my days.
- "Let my enemy be as the wicked, and let him that rises up against me be as the unrighteous.
- For what is the hope of the godless when God cuts him off, when God takes away his life?
- Will God hear his cry, when trouble comes upon him?
- Will he take delight in the Almighty? Will he call upon God at all times?
- I will teach you concerning the hand of God; what is with the Almighty I will not conceal.
- Behold, all of you have seen it yourselves; why then have you become altogether vain?
- "This is the portion of a wicked man with God, and the heritage which oppressors receive from the Almighty:
- If his children are multiplied, it is for the sword; and his offspring have not enough to eat.
- Those who survive him the pestilence buries, and their widows make no lamentation.
- Though he heap up silver like dust, and pile up clothing like clay;
- he may pile it up, but the just will wear it, and the innocent will divide the silver.
- The house which he builds is like a spider's web, like a booth which a watchman makes.
- He goes to bed rich, but will do so no more; he opens his eyes, and his wealth is gone.
- Terrors overtake him like a flood; in the night a whirlwind carries him off.
- The east wind lifts him up and he is gone; it sweeps him out of his place.
- It hurls at him without pity; he flees from its power in headlong flight.
- It claps its hands at him, and hisses at him from its place.
- "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place for gold which they refine.
- Iron is taken out of the earth, and copper is smelted from the ore.
- Men put an end to darkness, and search out to the farthest bound the ore in gloom and deep darkness.
- They open shafts in a valley away from where men live; they are forgotten by travelers, they hang afar from men, they swing to and fro.
- As for the earth, out of it comes bread; but underneath it is turned up as by fire.
- Its stones are the place of sapphires, and it has dust of gold.
- "That path no bird of prey knows, and the falcon's eye has not seen it.
- The proud beasts have not trodden it; the lion has not passed over it.
- "Man puts his hand to the flinty rock, and overturns mountains by the roots.
- He cuts out channels in the rocks, and his eye sees every precious thing.
- He binds up the streams so that they do not trickle, and the thing that is hid he brings forth to light.
- "But where shall wisdom be found? And where is the place of understanding?
- Man does not know the way to it, and it is not found in the land of the living.
- The deep says, 'It is not in me,' and the sea says, 'It is not with me.'
- It cannot be gotten for gold, and silver cannot be weighed as its price.
- It cannot be valued in the gold of Ophir, in precious onyx or sapphire.
- Gold and glass cannot equal it, nor can it be exchanged for jewels of fine gold.
- No mention shall be made of coral or of crystal; the price of wisdom is above pearls.
- The topaz of Ethiopia cannot compare with it, nor can it be valued in pure gold.
- "Whence then comes wisdom? And where is the place of understanding?
- It is hid from the eyes of all living, and concealed from the birds of the air.
- Abaddon and Death say, 'We have heard a rumor of it with our ears.'
- "God understands the way to it, and he knows its place.
- For he looks to the ends of the earth, and sees everything under the heavens.
- When he gave to the wind its weight, and meted out the waters by measure;
- when he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder;
- then he saw it and declared it; he established it, and searched it out.
- And he said to man, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.'"
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.