|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Then Job continued his discourse and said,
- "As God lives, who has taken away my right, And the Almighty, who has embittered my soul,
- For as long as life is in me, And the breath of God is in my nostrils,
- My lips certainly will not speak unjustly, Nor will my tongue mutter deceit.
- "Far be it from me that I should declare you right; Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
- "I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go. My heart does not reproach any of my days.
- "May my enemy be as the wicked And my opponent as the unjust.
- "For what is the hope of the godless when he is cut off, When God requires his life?
- "Will God hear his cry When distress comes upon him?
- "Will he take delight in the Almighty? Will he call on God at all times?
- "I will instruct you in the power of God; What is with the Almighty I will not conceal.
- "Behold, all of you have seen it; Why then do you act foolishly?
- "This is the portion of a wicked man from God, And the inheritance which tyrants receive from the Almighty.
- "Though his sons are many, they are destined for the sword; And his descendants will not be satisfied with bread.
- "His survivors will be buried because of the plague, And their widows will not be able to weep.
- "Though he piles up silver like dust And prepares garments as plentiful as the clay,
- He may prepare it, but the just will wear it And the innocent will divide the silver.
- "He has built his house like the spider's web, Or as a hut which the watchman has made.
- "He lies down rich, but never again; He opens his eyes, and it is no longer.
- " Terrors overtake him like a flood; A tempest steals him away in the night.
- "The east wind carries him away, and he is gone, For it whirls him away from his place.
- "For it will hurl at him without sparing; He will surely try to flee from its power.
- "Men will clap their hands at him And will hiss him from his place. 28
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- "Surely there is a mine for silver And a place where they refine gold.
- "Iron is taken from the dust, And copper is smelted from rock.
- "Man puts an end to darkness, And to the farthest limit he searches out The rock in gloom and deep shadow.
- "He sinks a shaft far from habitation, Forgotten by the foot; They hang and swing to and fro far from men.
- "The earth, from it comes food, And underneath it is turned up as fire.
- "Its rocks are the source of sapphires, And its dust contains gold.
- "The path no bird of prey knows, Nor has the falcon's eye caught sight of it.
- "The proud beasts have not trodden it, Nor has the fierce lion passed over it.
- "He puts his hand on the flint; He overturns the mountains at the base.
- "He hews out channels through the rocks, And his eye sees anything precious.
- "He dams up the streams from flowing, And what is hidden he brings out to the light.
- "But where can wisdom be found? And where is the place of understanding?
- " Man does not know its value, Nor is it found in the land of the living.
- "The deep says, "It is not in me'; And the sea says, "It is not with me.'
- " Pure gold cannot be given in exchange for it, Nor can silver be weighed as its price.
- "It cannot be valued in the gold of Ophir, In precious onyx, or sapphire.
- " Gold or glass cannot equal it, Nor can it be exchanged for articles of fine gold.
- "Coral and crystal are not to be mentioned; And the acquisition of wisdom is above that of pearls.
- "The topaz of Ethiopia cannot equal it, Nor can it be valued in pure gold.
- " Where then does wisdom come from? And where is the place of understanding?
- "Thus it is hidden from the eyes of all living And concealed from the birds of the sky.
- " Abaddon and Death say, "With our ears we have heard a report of it.'
- " God understands its way, And He knows its place.
- "For He looks to the ends of the earth And sees everything under the heavens.
- "When He imparted weight to the wind And meted out the waters by measure,
- When He set a limit for the rain And a course for the thunderbolt,
- Then He saw it and declared it; He established it and also searched it out.
- "And to man He said, "Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; And to depart from evil is understanding.' 29
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.