52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Corinthians 5
- It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and of a kind that is not found even among pagans; for a man is living with his father's wife.
- And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.
- For though absent in body I am present in spirit, and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment
- in the name of the Lord Jesus on the man who has done such a thing. When you are assembled, and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
- you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
- Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
- Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our paschal lamb, has been sacrificed.
- Let us, therefore, celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
- I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with immoral men;
- not at all meaning the immoral of this world, or the greedy and robbers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.
- But rather I wrote to you not to associate with any one who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or robber--not even to eat with such a one.
- For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?
- God judges those outside. "Drive out the wicked person from among you."
1 Corinthians 6
- When one of you has a grievance against a brother, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints?
- Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?
- Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, matters pertaining to this life!
- If then you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who are least esteemed by the church?
- I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no man among you wise enough to decide between members of the brotherhood,
- but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers?
- To have lawsuits at all with one another is defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded?
- But you yourselves wrong and defraud, and that even your own brethren.
- Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts,
- nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.
- And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
- "All things are lawful for me," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be enslaved by anything.
- "Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food" --and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
- And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.
- Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I therefore take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never!
- Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, "The two shall become one flesh."
- But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.
- Shun immorality. Every other sin which a man commits is outside the body; but the immoral man sins against his own body.
- Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own;
- you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.