|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Then Job answered:
- "Listen carefully to my words, and let this be your consolation.
- Bear with me, and I will speak, and after I have spoken, mock on.
- As for me, is my complaint against man? Why should I not be impatient?
- Look at me, and be appalled, and lay your hand upon your mouth.
- When I think of it I am dismayed, and shuddering seizes my flesh.
- Why do the wicked live, reach old age, and grow mighty in power?
- Their children are established in their presence, and their offspring before their eyes.
- Their houses are safe from fear, and no rod of God is upon them.
- Their bull breeds without fail; their cow calves, and does not cast her calf.
- They send forth their little ones like a flock, and their children dance.
- They sing to the tambourine and the lyre, and rejoice to the sound of the pipe.
- They spend their days in prosperity, and in peace they go down to Sheol.
- They say to God, 'Depart from us! We do not desire the knowledge of thy ways.
- What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? And what profit do we get if we pray to him?'
- Behold, is not their prosperity in their hand? The counsel of the wicked is far from me.
- "How often is it that the lamp of the wicked is put out? That their calamity comes upon them? That God distributes pains in his anger?
- That they are like straw before the wind, and like chaff that the storm carries away?
- You say, 'God stores up their iniquity for their sons.' Let him recompense it to themselves, that they may know it.
- Let their own eyes see their destruction, and let them drink of the wrath of the Almighty.
- For what do they care for their houses after them, when the number of their months is cut off?
- Will any teach God knowledge, seeing that he judges those that are on high?
- One dies in full prosperity, being wholly at ease and secure,
- his body full of fat and the marrow of his bones moist.
- Another dies in bitterness of soul, never having tasted of good.
- They lie down alike in the dust, and the worms cover them.
- "Behold, I know your thoughts, and your schemes to wrong me.
- For you say, 'Where is the house of the prince? Where is the tent in which the wicked dwelt?'
- Have you not asked those who travel the roads, and do you not accept their testimony
- that the wicked man is spared in the day of calamity, that he is rescued in the day of wrath?
- Who declares his way to his face, and who requites him for what he has done?
- When he is borne to the grave, watch is kept over his tomb.
- The clods of the valley are sweet to him; all men follow after him, and those who go before him are innumerable.
- How then will you comfort me with empty nothings? There is nothing left of your answers but falsehood."
- Then Eli'phaz the Te'manite answered:
- "Can a man be profitable to God? Surely he who is wise is profitable to himself.
- Is it any pleasure to the Almighty if you are righteous, or is it gain to him if you make your ways blameless?
- Is it for your fear of him that he reproves you, and enters into judgment with you?
- Is not your wickedness great? There is no end to your iniquities.
- For you have exacted pledges of your brothers for nothing, and stripped the naked of their clothing.
- You have given no water to the weary to drink, and you have withheld bread from the hungry.
- The man with power possessed the land, and the favored man dwelt in it.
- You have sent widows away empty, and the arms of the fatherless were crushed.
- Therefore snares are round about you, and sudden terror overwhelms you;
- your light is darkened, so that you cannot see, and a flood of water covers you.
- "Is not God high in the heavens? See the highest stars, how lofty they are!
- Therefore you say, 'What does God know? Can he judge through the deep darkness?
- Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the vault of heaven.'
- Will you keep to the old way which wicked men have trod?
- They were snatched away before their time; their foundation was washed away.
- They said to God, 'Depart from us,' and 'What can the Almighty do to us?'
- Yet he filled their houses with good things--but the counsel of the wicked is far from me.
- The righteous see it and are glad; the innocent laugh them to scorn,
- saying, 'Surely our adversaries are cut off, and what they left the fire has consumed.'
- "Agree with God, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you.
- Receive instruction from his mouth, and lay up his words in your heart.
- If you return to the Almighty and humble yourself, if you remove unrighteousness far from your tents,
- if you lay gold in the dust, and gold of Ophir among the stones of the torrent bed,
- and if the Almighty is your gold, and your precious silver;
- then you will delight yourself in the Almighty, and lift up your face to God.
- You will make your prayer to him, and he will hear you; and you will pay your vows.
- You will decide on a matter, and it will be established for you, and light will shine on your ways.
- For God abases the proud, but he saves the lowly.
- He delivers the innocent man; you will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands."
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.