52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. A Psalm of Asaph. Sing aloud to God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob!
- Raise a song, sound the timbrel, the sweet lyre with the harp.
- Blow the trumpet at the new moon, at the full moon, on our feast day.
- For it is a statute for Israel, an ordinance of the God of Jacob.
- He made it a decree in Joseph, when he went out over the land of Egypt. I hear a voice I had not known:
- "I relieved your shoulder of the burden; your hands were freed from the basket.
- In distress you called, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Mer'ibah. [Selah]
- Hear, O my people, while I admonish you! O Israel, if you would but listen to me!
- There shall be no strange god among you; you shall not bow down to a foreign god.
- I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- "But my people did not listen to my voice; Israel would have none of me.
- So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts, to follow their own counsels.
- O that my people would listen to me, that Israel would walk in my ways!
- I would soon subdue their enemies, and turn my hand against their foes.
- Those who hate the LORD would cringe toward him, and their fate would last for ever.
- I would feed you with the finest of the wheat, and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."
- A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
- "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? [Selah]
- Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
- Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
- They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
- I say, "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;
- nevertheless, you shall die like men, and fall like any prince."
- Arise, O God, judge the earth; for to thee belong all the nations!
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- A Song. A Psalm of Asaph. O God, do not keep silence; do not hold thy peace or be still, O God!
- For lo, thy enemies are in tumult; those who hate thee have raised their heads.
- They lay crafty plans against thy people; they consult together against thy protected ones.
- They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more!"
- Yea, they conspire with one accord; against thee they make a covenant--
- the tents of Edom and the Ish'maelites, Moab and the Hagrites,
- Gebal and Ammon and Am'alek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
- Assyria also has joined them; they are the strong arm of the children of Lot. [Selah]
- Do to them as thou didst to Mid'ian, as to Sis'era and Jabin at the river Kishon,
- who were destroyed at En-dor, who became dung for the ground.
- Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmun'na,
- who said, "Let us take possession for ourselves of the pastures of God."
- O my God, make them like whirling dust, like chaff before the wind.
- As fire consumes the forest, as the flame sets the mountains ablaze,
- so do thou pursue them with thy tempest and terrify them with thy hurricane!
- Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
- Let them be put to shame and dismayed for ever; let them perish in disgrace.
- Let them know that thou alone, whose name is the LORD, art the Most High over all the earth.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.