52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
2 Corinthians 9
- For it is superfluous for me to write to you about this ministry to the saints;
- for I know your readiness, of which I boast about you to the Macedonians, namely, that Achaia has been prepared since last year, and your zeal has stirred up most of them.
- But I have sent the brethren, in order that our boasting about you may not be made empty in this case, so that, as I was saying, you may be prepared;
- otherwise if any Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, wenot to speak of youwill be put to shame by this confidence.
- So I thought it necessary to urge the brethren that they would go on ahead to you and arrange beforehand your previously promised bountiful gift, so that the same would be ready as a bountiful gift and not affected by covetousness.
- Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
- Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
- as it is written, " HE SCATTERED ABROAD, HE GAVE TO THE POOR, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER.'
- Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;
- you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God.
- For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God.
- Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all,
- while they also, by prayer on your behalf, yearn for you because of the surpassing grace of God in you.
- Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 10
2 Corinthians 10
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- Now I, Paul, myself urge you by the meekness and gentleness of ChristI who am meek when face to face with you, but bold toward you when absent!
- I ask that when I am present I need not be bold with the confidence with which I propose to be courageous against some, who regard us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh,
- for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.
- We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
- and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.
- You are looking at things as they are outwardly. If anyone is confident in himself that he is Christ's, let him consider this again within himself, that just as he is Christ's, so also are we.
- For even if I boast somewhat further about our authority, which the Lord gave for building you up and not for destroying you, I will not be put to shame,
- for I do not wish to seem as if I would terrify you by my letters.
- For they say, "His letters are weighty and strong, but his personal presence is unimpressive and his speech contemptible.'
- Let such a person consider this, that what we are in word by letters when absent, such persons we are also in deed when present.
- For we are not bold to class or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves; but when they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are without understanding.
- But we will not boast beyond our measure, but within the measure of the sphere which God apportioned to us as a measure, to reach even as far as you.
- For we are not overextending ourselves, as if we did not reach to you, for we were the first to come even as far as you in the gospel of Christ;
- not boasting beyond our measure, that is, in other men's labors, but with the hope that as your faith grows, we will be, within our sphere, enlarged even more by you,
- so as to preach the gospel even to the regions beyond you, and not to boast in what has been accomplished in the sphere of another.
- But HE WHO BOASTS IS TO BOAST IN THE LORD.
- For it is not he who commends himself that is approved, but he whom the Lord commends. 11
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.