52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- And Job answereth and saith: --
- Also -- to-day [is] my complaint bitter, My hand hath been heavy because of my sighing.
- O that I had known -- and I find Him, I come in unto His seat,
- I arrange before Him the cause, And my mouth fill [with] arguments.
- I know the words He doth answer me, And understand what He saith to me.
- In the abundance of power doth He strive with me? No! surely He putteth [it] in me.
- There the upright doth reason with Him, And I escape for ever from my judge.
- Lo, forward I go -- and He is not, And backward -- and I perceive him not.
- [To] the left in His working -- and I see not, He is covered [on] the right, and I behold not.
- For He hath known the way with me, He hath tried me -- as gold I go forth.
- On His step hath my foot laid hold, His way I have kept, and turn not aside,
- The command of His lips, and I depart not. Above my allotted portion I have laid up The sayings of His mouth.
- And He [is] in one [mind], And who doth turn Him back? And His soul hath desired -- and He doth [it].
- For He doth complete my portion, And many such things [are] with Him.
- Therefore, from His presence I am troubled, I consider, and am afraid of Him.
- And God hath made my heart soft, And the Mighty hath troubled me.
- For I have not been cut off before darkness, And before me He covered thick darkness.
- Wherefore from the Mighty One Times have not been hidden, And those knowing Him have not seen His days.
- The borders they reach, A drove they have taken violently away, Yea, they do evil.
- The ass of the fatherless they lead away, They take in pledge the ox of the widow,
- They turn aside the needy from the way, Together have hid the poor of the earth.
- Lo, wild asses in a wilderness, They have gone out about their work, Seeking early for prey, A mixture for himself -- food for young ones.
- In a field his provender they reap, And the vineyard of the wicked they glean.
- The naked they cause to lodge Without clothing. And there is no covering in the cold.
- From the inundation of hills they are wet, And without a refuge -- have embraced a rock.
- They take violently away From the breast the orphan, And on the poor they lay a pledge.
- Naked, they have gone without clothing, And hungry -- have taken away a sheaf.
- Between their walls they make oil, Wine-presses they have trodden, and thirst.
- Because of enmity men do groan, And the soul of pierced ones doth cry, And God doth not give praise.
- They have been among rebellious ones of light, They have not discerned His ways, Nor abode in His paths.
- At the light doth the murderer rise, He doth slay the poor and needy, And in the night he is as a thief.
- And the eye of an adulterer Hath observed the twilight, Saying, `No eye doth behold me.' And he putteth the face in secret.
- He hath dug in the darkness -- houses; By day they shut themselves up, They have not known light.
- When together, morning [is] to them death shade, When he discerneth the terrors of death shade.
- Light he [is] on the face of the waters, Vilified is their portion in the earth, He turneth not the way of vineyards.
- Drought -- also heat -- consume snow-waters, Sheol [those who] have sinned.
- Forget him doth the womb, Sweeten [on] him doth the worm, No more is he remembered, And broken as a tree is wickedness.
- Treating evil the barren [who] beareth not, And [to] the widow he doth no good,
- And hath drawn the mighty by his power, He riseth, and none believeth in life.
- He giveth to him confidence, and he is supported, And his eyes [are] on their ways.
- High they were [for] a little, and they are not, And they have been brought low. As all [others] they are shut up, And as the head of an ear of corn cut off.
- And if not now, who doth prove me a liar, And doth make of nothing my word?
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.