|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Then Job answered:
- "Today also my complaint is bitter, his hand is heavy in spite of my groaning.
- Oh, that I knew where I might find him, that I might come even to his seat!
- I would lay my case before him and fill my mouth with arguments.
- I would learn what he would answer me, and understand what he would say to me.
- Would he contend with me in the greatness of his power? No; he would give heed to me.
- There an upright man could reason with him, and I should be acquitted for ever by my judge.
- "Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him;
- on the left hand I seek him, but I cannot behold him; I turn to the right hand, but I cannot see him.
- But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
- My foot has held fast to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside.
- I have not departed from the commandment of his lips; I have treasured in my bosom the words of his mouth.
- But he is unchangeable and who can turn him? What he desires, that he does.
- For he will complete what he appoints for me; and many such things are in his mind.
- Therefore I am terrified at his presence; when I consider, I am in dread of him.
- God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me;
- for I am hemmed in by darkness, and thick darkness covers my face.
- "Why are not times of judgment kept by the Almighty, and why do those who know him never see his days?
- Men remove landmarks; they seize flocks and pasture them.
- They drive away the ass of the fatherless; they take the widow's ox for a pledge.
- They thrust the poor off the road; the poor of the earth all hide themselves.
- Behold, like wild asses in the desert they go forth to their toil, seeking prey in the wilderness as food for their children.
- They gather their fodder in the field and they glean the vineyard of the wicked man.
- They lie all night naked, without clothing, and have no covering in the cold.
- They are wet with the rain of the mountains, and cling to the rock for want of shelter.
- (There are those who snatch the fatherless child from the breast, and take in pledge the infant of the poor.)
- They go about naked, without clothing; hungry, they carry the sheaves;
- among the olive rows of the wicked they make oil; they tread the wine presses, but suffer thirst.
- From out of the city the dying groan, and the soul of the wounded cries for help; yet God pays no attention to their prayer.
- "There are those who rebel against the light, who are not acquainted with its ways, and do not stay in its paths.
- The murderer rises in the dark, that he may kill the poor and needy; and in the night he is as a thief.
- The eye of the adulterer also waits for the twilight, saying, 'No eye will see me'; and he disguises his face.
- In the dark they dig through houses; by day they shut themselves up; they do not know the light.
- For deep darkness is morning to all of them; for they are friends with the terrors of deep darkness.
- "You say, "They are swiftly carried away upon the face of the waters; their portion is cursed in the land; no treader turns toward their vineyards.
- Drought and heat snatch away the snow waters; so does Sheol those who have sinned.
- The squares of the town forget them; their name is no longer remembered; so wickedness is broken like a tree.'
- "They feed on the barren childless woman, and do no good to the widow.
- Yet God prolongs the life of the mighty by his power; they rise up when they despair of life.
- He gives them security, and they are supported; and his eyes are upon their ways.
- They are exalted a little while, and then are gone; they wither and fade like the mallow; they are cut off like the heads of grain.
- If it is not so, who will prove me a liar, and show that there is nothing in what I say?"
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.