52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- And in those days cometh John the Baptist, proclaiming in the wilderness of Judea,
- and saying, `Reform, for come nigh hath the reign of the heavens,'
- for this is he who was spoken of by Isaiah the prophet, saying, `A voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, straight make ye His paths.'
- And this John had his clothing of camel's hair, and a girdle of skin round his loins, and his nourishment was locusts and honey of the field.
- Then were going forth unto him Jerusalem, and all Judea, and all the region round about the Jordan,
- and they were baptized in the Jordan by him, confessing their sins.
- And having seen many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming about his baptism, he said to them, `Brood of vipers! who did shew you to flee from the coming wrath?
- bear, therefore, fruits worthy of the reformation,
- and do not think to say in yourselves, A father we have -- Abraham, for I say to you, that God is able out of these stones to raise children to Abraham,
- and now also, the axe unto the root of the trees is laid, every tree therefore not bearing good fruit is hewn down, and to fire is cast.
- `I indeed do baptize you with water to reformation, but he who after me is coming is mightier than I, of whom I am not worthy to bear the sandals, he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire,
- whose fan [is] in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his floor, and will gather his wheat to the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.'
- Then cometh Jesus from Galilee upon the Jordan, unto John to be baptized by him,
- but John was forbidding him, saying, `I have need by thee to be baptized -- and thou dost come unto me!'
- But Jesus answering said to him, `Suffer now, for thus it is becoming to us to fulfill all righteousness,' then he doth suffer him.
- And having been baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water, and lo, opened to him were the heavens, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him,
- and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, `This is My Son -- the Beloved, in whom I did delight.'
500 Internal Server Error
- Then Jesus was led up to the wilderness by the Spirit, to be tempted by the Devil,
- and having fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he did hunger.
- And the Tempter having come to him said, `If Son thou art of God -- speak that these stones may become loaves.'
- But he answering said, `It hath been written, Not upon bread alone doth man live, but upon every word coming forth from the mouth of God.'
- Then doth the Devil take him to the [holy] city, and doth set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
- and saith to him, `If Son thou art of God -- cast thyself down, for it hath been written, that, His messengers He shall charge concerning thee, and on hands they shall bear thee up, that thou mayest not dash on a stone thy foot.'
- Jesus said to him again, `It hath been written, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.'
- Again doth the Devil take him to a very high mount, and doth shew to him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them,
- and saith to him, `All these to thee I will give, if falling down thou mayest bow to me.'
- Then saith Jesus to him, `Go -- Adversary, for it hath been written, The Lord thy God thou shalt bow to, and Him only thou shalt serve.'
- Then doth the Devil leave him, and lo, messengers came and were ministering to him.
- And Jesus having heard that John was delivered up, did withdraw to Galilee,
- and having left Nazareth, having come, he dwelt at Capernaum that is by the sea, in the borders of Zebulun and Naphtalim,
- that it might be fulfilled that was spoken through Isaiah the prophet, saying,
- `Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations! --
- the people that is sitting in darkness saw a great light, and to those sitting in a region and shadow of death -- light arose to them.'
- From that time began Jesus to proclaim and to say, `Reform ye, for come nigh hath the reign of the heavens.'
- And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon named Peter and Andrew his brother, casting a drag into the sea -- for they were fishers --
- and he saith to them, `Come ye after me, and I will make you fishers of men,'
- and they, immediately, having left the nets, did follow him.
- And having advanced thence, he saw other two brothers, James of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, refitting their nets, and he called them,
- and they, immediately, having left the boat and their father, did follow him.
- And Jesus was going about all Galilee teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the good news of the reign, and healing every disease, and every malady among the people,
- and his fame went forth to all Syria, and they brought to him all having ailments, pressed with manifold sicknesses and pains, and demoniacs, and lunatics, and paralytics, and he healed them.
- And there followed him many multitudes from Galilee, and Decapolis, and Jerusalem, and Judea, and beyond the Jordan.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.