|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- After this hath Job opened his mouth, and revileth his day.
- And Job answereth and saith: --
- Let the day perish in which I am born, And the night that hath said: `A man-child hath been conceived.'
- That day -- let it be darkness, Let not God require it from above, Nor let light shine upon it.
- Let darkness and death-shade redeem it, Let a cloud tabernacle upon it, Let them terrify it as the most bitter of days.
- That night -- let thick darkness take it, Let it not be united to days of the year, Into the number of months let it not come.
- Lo! that night -- let it be gloomy, Let no singing come into it.
- Let the cursers of day mark it, Who are ready to wake up Leviathan.
- Let the stars of its twilight be dark, Let it wait for light, and there is none, And let it not look on the eyelids of the dawn.
- Because it hath not shut the doors Of the womb that was mine! And hide misery from mine eyes.
- Why from the womb do I not die? From the belly I have come forth and gasp!
- Wherefore have knees been before me? And what [are] breasts, that I suck?
- For now, I have lain down, and am quiet, I have slept -- then there is rest to me,
- With kings and counsellors of earth, These building wastes for themselves.
- Or with princes -- they have gold, They are filling their houses [with] silver.
- (Or as a hidden abortion I am not, As infants -- they have not seen light.)
- There the wicked have ceased troubling, And there rest do the wearied in power.
- Together prisoners have been at ease, They have not heard the voice of an exactor,
- Small and great [are] there the same. And a servant [is] free from his lord.
- Why giveth He to the miserable light, and life to the bitter soul?
- Who are waiting for death, and it is not, And they seek it above hid treasures.
- Who are glad -- unto joy, They rejoice when they find a grave.
- To a man whose way hath been hidden, And whom God doth shut up?
- For before my food, my sighing cometh, And poured out as waters [are] my roarings.
- For a fear I feared and it meeteth me, And what I was afraid of doth come to me.
- I was not safe -- nor was I quiet -- Nor was I at rest -- and trouble cometh!
- And Eliphaz the Temanite answereth and saith: --
- Hath one tried a word with thee? -- Thou art weary! And to keep in words who is able?
- Lo, thou hast instructed many, And feeble hands thou makest strong.
- The stumbling one do thy words raise up, And bowing knees thou dost strengthen.
- But now, it cometh in unto thee, And thou art weary; It striketh unto thee, and thou art troubled.
- Is not thy reverence thy confidence? Thy hope -- the perfection of thy ways?
- Remember, I pray thee, Who, being innocent, hath perished? And where have the upright been cut off?
- As I have seen -- ploughers of iniquity, And sowers of misery, reap it!
- From the breath of God they perish, And from the spirit of His anger consumed.
- The roaring of a lion, And the voice of a fierce lion, And teeth of young lions have been broken.
- An old lion is perishing without prey, And the whelps of the lioness do separate.
- And unto me a thing is secretly brought, And receive doth mine ear a little of it.
- In thoughts from visions of the night, In the falling of deep sleep on men,
- Fear hath met me, and trembling, And the multitude of my bones caused to fear.
- And a spirit before my face doth pass, Stand up doth the hair of my flesh;
- It standeth, and I discern not its aspect, A similitude [is] over-against mine eyes, Silence! and a voice I hear:
- `Is mortal man than God more righteous? Than his Maker is a man cleaner?
- Lo, in His servants He putteth no credence, Nor in His messengers setteth praise.'
- Also -- the inhabitants of houses of clay, (Whose foundation [is] in the dust, They bruise them before a moth.)
- From morning to evening are beaten down, Without any regarding, for ever they perish.
- Hath not their excellency been removed with them? They die, and not in wisdom!
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.