52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Now in those days comes John the baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
- and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn nigh.
- For this is he who has been spoken of through Esaias the prophet, saying, Voice of him that crieth in the wilderness: prepare ye the way of [the] Lord, make straight his paths.
- And John himself had his garment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins, and his nourishment was locusts and wild honey.
- Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the country round the Jordan,
- and were baptised by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.
- But seeing many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, Offspring of vipers, who has forewarned you to flee from the coming wrath?
- Produce therefore fruit worthy of repentance.
- And do not think to say within yourselves, We have Abraham for [our] father; for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children to Abraham.
- And already the axe is applied to the root of the trees; every tree therefore not producing good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.
- *I* indeed baptise you with water to repentance, but he that comes after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not fit to bear; *he* shall baptise you with [the] Holy Spirit and fire;
- whose winnowing fan [is] in his hand, and he shall thoroughly purge his threshing-floor, and shall gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
- Then comes Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptised of him;
- but John urgently forbad him, saying, *I* have need to be baptised of thee; and comest *thou* to me?
- But Jesus answering said to him, Suffer [it] now; for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffers him.
- And Jesus, having been baptised, went up straightway from the water, and lo, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him:
- and behold, a voice out of the heavens saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I have found my delight.
- Then Jesus was carried up into the wilderness by the Spirit to be tempted of the devil:
- and having fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he hungered.
- And the tempter coming up to him said, If thou be Son of God, speak, that these stones may become loaves of bread.
- But he answering said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word which goes out through God's mouth.
- Then the devil takes him to the holy city, and sets him upon the edge of the temple,
- and says to him, If thou be Son of God cast thyself down; for it is written, He shall give charge to his angels concerning thee, and on [their] hands shall they bear thee, lest in anywise thou strike thy foot against a stone.
- Jesus said to him, It is again written, Thou shalt not tempt [the] Lord thy God.
- Again the devil takes him to a very high mountain, and shews him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory,
- and says to him, All these things will I give thee if, falling down, thou wilt do me homage.
- Then says Jesus to him, Get thee away, Satan, for it is written, Thou shalt do homage to [the] Lord thy God, and him alone shalt thou serve.
- Then the devil leaves him, and behold, angels came and ministered to him.
- But having heard that John was delivered up, he departed into Galilee:
- and having left Nazareth, he went and dwelt at Capernaum, which is on the sea-side in the borders of Zabulon and Nepthalim,
- that that might be fulfilled which was spoken through Esaias the prophet, saying,
- Land of Zabulon and land of Nepthalim, way of [the] sea beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations:
- -- the people sitting in darkness has seen a great light, and to those sitting in [the] country and shadow of death, to them has light sprung up.
- From that time began Jesus to preach and to say, Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn nigh.
- And walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishers;
- and he says to them, Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.
- And they, having left their trawl-nets, immediately followed him.
- And going on thence he saw other two brothers, James the [son] of Zebedee and John his brother, in the ship with Zebedee their father, mending their trawl-nets, and he called them;
- and they, having left the ship and their father, immediately followed him.
- And [Jesus] went round the whole [of] Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the glad tidings of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every bodily weakness among the people.
- And his fame went out into the whole [of] Syria, and they brought to him all that were ill, suffering under various diseases and pains, and those possessed by demons, and lunatics, and paralytics; and he healed them.
- And great crowds followed him from Galilee, and Decapolis, and Jerusalem, and Judaea, and beyond the Jordan.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.