52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Afterward Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth.
- And Job said,
- " Let the day perish on which I was to be born, And the night which said, "A boy is conceived.'
- "May that day be darkness; Let not God above care for it, Nor light shine on it.
- "Let darkness and black gloom claim it; Let a cloud settle on it; Let the blackness of the day terrify it.
- "As for that night, let darkness seize it; Let it not rejoice among the days of the year; Let it not come into the number of the months.
- "Behold, let that night be barren; Let no joyful shout enter it.
- "Let those curse it who curse the day, Who are prepared to rouse Leviathan.
- "Let the stars of its twilight be darkened; Let it wait for light but have none, And let it not see the breaking dawn;
- Because it did not shut the opening of my mother's womb, Or hide trouble from my eyes.
- " Why did I not die at birth, Come forth from the womb and expire?
- "Why did the knees receive me, And why the breasts, that I should suck?
- "For now I would have lain down and been quiet; I would have slept then, I would have been at rest,
- With kings and with counselors of the earth, Who rebuilt ruins for themselves;
- Or with princes who had gold, Who were filling their houses with silver.
- "Or like a miscarriage which is discarded, I would not be, As infants that never saw light.
- "There the wicked cease from raging, And there the weary are at rest.
- "The prisoners are at ease together; They do not hear the voice of the taskmaster.
- "The small and the great are there, And the slave is free from his master.
- "Why is light given to him who suffers, And life to the bitter of soul,
- Who long for death, but there is none, And dig for it more than for hidden treasures,
- Who rejoice greatly, And exult when they find the grave?
- "Why is light given to a man whose way is hidden, And whom God has hedged in?
- "For my groaning comes at the sight of my food, And my cries pour out like water.
- "For what I fear comes upon me, And what I dread befalls me.
- "I am not at ease, nor am I quiet, And I am not at rest, but turmoil comes.' 4
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered,
- "If one ventures a word with you, will you become impatient? But who can refrain from speaking?
- "Behold you have admonished many, And you have strengthened weak hands.
- "Your words have helped the tottering to stand, And you have strengthened feeble knees.
- "But now it has come to you, and you are impatient; It touches you, and you are dismayed.
- "Is not your fear of God your confidence, And the integrity of your ways your hope?
- "Remember now, who ever perished being innocent? Or where were the upright destroyed?
- "According to what I have seen, those who plow iniquity And those who sow trouble harvest it.
- "By the breath of God they perish, And by the blast of His anger they come to an end.
- "The roaring of the lion and the voice of the fierce lion, And the teeth of the young lions are broken.
- "The lion perishes for lack of prey, And the whelps of the lioness are scattered.
- "Now a word was brought to me stealthily, And my ear received a whisper of it.
- "Amid disquieting thoughts from the visions of the night, When deep sleep falls on men,
- Dread came upon me, and trembling, And made all my bones shake.
- "Then a spirit passed by my face; The hair of my flesh bristled up.
- "It stood still, but I could not discern its appearance; A form was before my eyes; There was silence, then I heard a voice:
- "Can mankind be just before God? Can a man be pure before his Maker?
- " He puts no trust even in His servants; And against His angels He charges error.
- "How much more those who dwell in houses of clay, Whose foundation is in the dust, Who are crushed before the moth!
- " Between morning and evening they are broken in pieces; Unobserved, they perish forever.
- "Is not their tent-cord plucked up within them? They die, yet without wisdom.' 5
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.