|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Then Job answered:
- "How long will you torment me, and break me in pieces with words?
- These ten times you have cast reproach upon me; are you not ashamed to wrong me?
- And even if it be true that I have erred, my error remains with myself.
- If indeed you magnify yourselves against me, and make my humiliation an argument against me,
- know then that God has put me in the wrong, and closed his net about me.
- Behold, I cry out, 'Violence!' but I am not answered; I call aloud, but there is no justice.
- He has walled up my way, so that I cannot pass, and he has set darkness upon my paths.
- He has stripped from me my glory, and taken the crown from my head.
- He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone, and my hope has he pulled up like a tree.
- He has kindled his wrath against me, and counts me as his adversary.
- His troops come on together; they have cast up siegeworks against me, and encamp round about my tent.
- "He has put my brethren far from me, and my acquaintances are wholly estranged from me.
- My kinsfolk and my close friends have failed me;
- the guests in my house have forgotten me; my maidservants count me as a stranger; I have become an alien in their eyes.
- I call to my servant, but he gives me no answer; I must beseech him with my mouth.
- I am repulsive to my wife, loathsome to the sons of my own mother.
- Even young children despise me; when I rise they talk against me.
- All my intimate friends abhor me, and those whom I loved have turned against me.
- My bones cleave to my skin and to my flesh, and I have escaped by the skin of my teeth.
- Have pity on me, have pity on me, O you my friends, for the hand of God has touched me!
- Why do you, like God, pursue me? Why are you not satisfied with my flesh?
- "Oh that my words were written! Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
- Oh that with an iron pen and lead they were graven in the rock for ever!
- For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at last he will stand upon the earth;
- and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then from my flesh I shall see God,
- whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!
- If you say, 'How we will pursue him!' and, 'The root of the matter is found in him';
- be afraid of the sword, for wrath brings the punishment of the sword, that you may know there is a judgment."
- Then Zophar the Na'amathite answered:
- "Therefore my thoughts answer me, because of my haste within me.
- I hear censure which insults me, and out of my understanding a spirit answers me.
- Do you not know this from of old, since man was placed upon earth,
- that the exulting of the wicked is short, and the joy of the godless but for a moment?
- Though his height mount up to the heavens, and his head reach to the clouds,
- he will perish for ever like his own dung; those who have seen him will say, 'Where is he?'
- He will fly away like a dream, and not be found; he will be chased away like a vision of the night.
- The eye which saw him will see him no more, nor will his place any more behold him.
- His children will seek the favor of the poor, and his hands will give back his wealth.
- His bones are full of youthful vigor, but it will lie down with him in the dust.
- "Though wickedness is sweet in his mouth, though he hides it under his tongue,
- though he is loath to let it go, and holds it in his mouth,
- yet his food is turned in his stomach; it is the gall of asps within him.
- He swallows down riches and vomits them up again; God casts them out of his belly.
- He will suck the poison of asps; the tongue of a viper will kill him.
- He will not look upon the rivers, the streams flowing with honey and curds.
- He will give back the fruit of his toil, and will not swallow it down; from the profit of his trading he will get no enjoyment.
- For he has crushed and abandoned the poor, he has seized a house which he did not build.
- "Because his greed knew no rest, he will not save anything in which he delights.
- There was nothing left after he had eaten; therefore his prosperity will not endure.
- In the fulness of his sufficiency he will be in straits; all the force of misery will come upon him.
- To fill his belly to the full God will send his fierce anger into him, and rain it upon him as his food.
- He will flee from an iron weapon; a bronze arrow will strike him through.
- It is drawn forth and comes out of his body, the glittering point comes out of his gall; terrors come upon him.
- Utter darkness is laid up for his treasures; a fire not blown upon will devour him; what is left in his tent will be consumed.
- The heavens will reveal his iniquity, and the earth will rise up against him.
- The possessions of his house will be carried away, dragged off in the day of God's wrath.
- This is the wicked man's portion from God, the heritage decreed for him by God."
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.