52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And Job answered and said,
- How long will ye vex my soul, and crush me with words?
- These ten times have ye reproached me; ye are not ashamed to stupefy me.
- And be it [that] I have erred, mine error remaineth with myself.
- If indeed ye will magnify yourselves against me, and prove against me my reproach,
- Know now that +God hath overthrown me, and hath surrounded me with his net.
- Behold, I cry out of wrong, and I am not heard; I cry aloud, but there is no judgment.
- He hath hedged up my way that I cannot pass, and he hath set darkness in my paths.
- He hath stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head.
- He breaketh me down on every side, and I am gone; and my hope hath he torn up as a tree.
- And he hath kindled his anger against me, and hath counted me unto him as one of his enemies.
- His troops have come together and cast up their way against me, and have encamped round about my tent.
- He hath put my brethren far from me, and mine acquaintance are quite estranged from me.
- My kinsfolk have failed, and my known friends have forgotten me.
- The sojourners in my house and my maids count me as a stranger; I am an alien in their sight.
- I called my servant, and he answered not; I entreated him with my mouth.
- My breath is strange to my wife, and my entreaties to the children of my [mother's] womb.
- Even young children despise me; I rise up, and they speak against me.
- All my intimate friends abhor me, and they whom I loved are turned against me.
- My bones cleave to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.
- Have pity upon me, have pity upon me, ye my friends; for the hand of +God hath touched me.
- Why do ye persecute me as łGod, and are not satisfied with my flesh?
- Oh would that my words were written! oh that they were inscribed in a book!
- That with an iron style and lead they were graven in the rock for ever!
- And [as for] me, I know that my Redeemer liveth, and the Last, he shall stand upon the earth;
- And [if] after my skin this shall be destroyed, yet from out of my flesh shall I see +God;
- Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another: -- my reins are consumed within me.
- If ye say, How shall we persecute him? when the root of the matter is found in me,
- Be ye yourselves afraid of the sword! for the sword is fury against misdeeds, that ye may know there is a judgment.
- And Zophar the Naamathite answered and said,
- Therefore do my thoughts give me an answer, and for this is my haste within me.
- I hear a reproof putting me to shame; and [my] spirit answereth me by mine understanding.
- Knowest thou [not] this, that of old, since man was placed upon earth,
- The exultation of the wicked is short, and the joy of the ungodly man but for a moment?
- Though his height mount up to the heavens, and his head reach unto the clouds,
- Like his own dung doth he perish for ever; they which have seen him shall say, Where is he?
- He flieth away as a dream, and is not found; and is chased away as a vision of the night.
- The eye which saw him shall [see him] not again; and his place beholdeth him no more.
- His children shall seek the favour of the poor, and his hands restore his wealth.
- His bones were full of his youthful strength; but it shall lie down with him in the dust.
- Though wickedness be sweet in his mouth [and] he hide it under his tongue,
- [Though] he spare it, and forsake it not, but keep it within his mouth,
- His food is turned in his bowels; it is the gall of asps within him.
- He hath swallowed down riches, but he shall vomit them up again: łGod shall cast them out of his belly.
- He shall suck the poison of asps; the viper's tongue shall kill him.
- He shall not see streams, rivers, brooks of honey and butter.
- That which he laboured for shall he restore, and not swallow down; its restitution shall be according to the value, and he shall not rejoice [therein].
- For he hath oppressed, hath forsaken the poor; he hath violently taken away a house that he did not build.
- Because he knew no rest in his craving, he shall save nought of what he most desired.
- Nothing escaped his greediness; therefore his prosperity shall not endure.
- In the fulness of his sufficiency he shall be in straits; every hand of the wretched shall come upon him.
- It shall be that, to fill his belly, he will cast his fierce anger upon him, and will rain it upon him into his flesh.
- If he have fled from the iron weapon, the bow of brass shall strike him through.
- He draweth it forth; it cometh out of his body, and the glittering point out of his gall: terrors are upon him.
- All darkness is laid up for his treasures: a fire not blown shall devour him; it shall feed upon what is left in his tent.
- The heavens shall reveal his iniquity, and the earth shall rise up against him.
- The increase of his house shall depart, flowing away in the day of his anger.
- This is the portion of the wicked man from God, and the heritage appointed to him by łGod.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.