52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you;
- keep my commandments and live, keep my teachings as the apple of your eye;
- bind them on your fingers, write them on the tablet of your heart.
- Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call insight your intimate friend;
- to preserve you from the loose woman, from the adventuress with her smooth words.
- For at the window of my house I have looked out through my lattice,
- and I have seen among the simple, I have perceived among the youths, a young man without sense,
- passing along the street near her corner, taking the road to her house
- in the twilight, in the evening, at the time of night and darkness.
- And lo, a woman meets him, dressed as a harlot, wily of heart.
- She is loud and wayward, her feet do not stay at home;
- now in the street, now in the market, and at every corner she lies in wait.
- She seizes him and kisses him, and with impudent face she says to him:
- "I had to offer sacrifices, and today I have paid my vows;
- so now I have come out to meet you, to seek you eagerly, and I have found you.
- I have decked my couch with coverings, colored spreads of Egyptian linen;
- I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
- Come, let us take our fill of love till morning; let us delight ourselves with love.
- For my husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey;
- he took a bag of money with him; at full moon he will come home."
- With much seductive speech she persuades him; with her smooth talk she compels him.
- All at once he follows her, as an ox goes to the slaughter, or as a stag is caught fast
- till an arrow pierces its entrails; as a bird rushes into a snare; he does not know that it will cost him his life.
- And now, O sons, listen to me, and be attentive to the words of my mouth.
- Let not your heart turn aside to her ways, do not stray into her paths;
- for many a victim has she laid low; yea, all her slain are a mighty host.
- Her house is the way to Sheol, going down to the chambers of death.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.