52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- My son, keep my words And treasure my commandments within you.
- Keep my commandments and live, And my teaching as the apple of your eye.
- Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart.
- Say to wisdom, "You are my sister,' And call understanding your intimate friend;
- That they may keep you from an adulteress, From the foreigner who flatters with her words.
- For at the window of my house I looked out through my lattice,
- And I saw among the naive, And discerned among the youths A young man lacking sense,
- Passing through the street near her corner; And he takes the way to her house,
- In the twilight, in the evening, In the middle of the night and in the darkness.
- And behold, a woman comes to meet him, Dressed as a harlot and cunning of heart.
- She is boisterous and rebellious, Her feet do not remain at home;
- She is now in the streets, now in the squares, And lurks by every corner.
- So she seizes him and kisses him And with a brazen face she says to him:
- " I was due to offer peace offerings; Today I have paid my vows.
- "Therefore I have come out to meet you, To seek your presence earnestly, and I have found you.
- "I have spread my couch with coverings, With colored linens of Egypt.
- "I have sprinkled my bed With myrrh, aloes and cinnamon.
- "Come, let us drink our fill of love until morning; Let us delight ourselves with caresses.
- "For my husband is not at home, He has gone on a long journey;
- He has taken a bag of money with him, At the full moon he will come home.'
- With her many persuasions she entices him; With her flattering lips she seduces him.
- Suddenly he follows her As an ox goes to the slaughter, Or as one in fetters to the discipline of a fool,
- Until an arrow pierces through his liver; As a bird hastens to the snare, So he does not know that it will cost him his life.
- Now therefore, my sons, listen to me, And pay attention to the words of my mouth.
- Do not let your heart turn aside to her ways, Do not stray into her paths.
- For many are the victims she has cast down, And numerous are all her slain.
- Her house is the way to Sheol, Descending to the chambers of death. 8
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.