52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
2 Corinthians 9
- Now it is superfluous for me to write to you about the offering for the saints,
- for I know your readiness, of which I boast about you to the people of Macedo'nia, saying that Acha'ia has been ready since last year; and your zeal has stirred up most of them.
- But I am sending the brethren so that our boasting about you may not prove vain in this case, so that you may be ready, as I said you would be;
- lest if some Macedo'nians come with me and find that you are not ready, we be humiliated--to say nothing of you--for being so confident.
- So I thought it necessary to urge the brethren to go on to you before me, and arrange in advance for this gift you have promised, so that it may be ready not as an exaction but as a willing gift.
- The point is this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
- Each one must do as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that you may always have enough of everything and may provide in abundance for every good work.
- As it is written, "He scatters abroad, he gives to the poor; his righteousness endures for ever."
- He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your resources and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
- You will be enriched in every way for great generosity, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God;
- for the rendering of this service not only supplies the wants of the saints but also overflows in many thanksgivings to God.
- Under the test of this service, you will glorify God by your obedience in acknowledging the gospel of Christ, and by the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others;
- while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God in you.
- Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!
2 Corinthians 10
- I, Paul, myself entreat you, by the meekness and gentleness of Christ--I who am humble when face to face with you, but bold to you when I am away! --
- I beg of you that when I am present I may not have to show boldness with such confidence as I count on showing against some who suspect us of acting in worldly fashion.
- For though we live in the world we are not carrying on a worldly war,
- for the weapons of our warfare are not worldly but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
- We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
- being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.
- Look at what is before your eyes. If any one is confident that he is Christ's, let him remind himself that as he is Christ's, so are we.
- For even if I boast a little too much of our authority, which the Lord gave for building you up and not for destroying you, I shall not be put to shame.
- I would not seem to be frightening you with letters.
- For they say, "His letters are weighty and strong, but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech of no account."
- Let such people understand that what we say by letter when absent, we do when present.
- Not that we venture to class or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another, and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.
- But we will not boast beyond limit, but will keep to the limits God has apportioned us, to reach even to you.
- For we are not overextending ourselves, as though we did not reach you; we were the first to come all the way to you with the gospel of Christ.
- We do not boast beyond limit, in other men's labors; but our hope is that as your faith increases, our field among you may be greatly enlarged,
- so that we may preach the gospel in lands beyond you, without boasting of work already done in another's field.
- "Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord."
- For it is not the man who commends himself that is accepted, but the man whom the Lord commends.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.