52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Isaid, "I will guard my ways That I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth as with a muzzle While the wicked are in my presence.'
- I was mute and silent, I refrained even from good, And my sorrow grew worse.
- My heart was hot within me, While I was musing the fire burned; Then I spoke with my tongue:
- "LORD, make me to know my end And what is the extent of my days; Let me know how transient I am.
- "Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight; Surely every man at his best is a mere breath. Selah.
- "Surely every man walks about as a phantom; Surely they make an uproar for nothing; He amasses riches and does not know who will gather them.
- "And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You.
- " Deliver me from all my transgressions; Make me not the reproach of the foolish.
- "I have become mute, I do not open my mouth, Because it is You who have done it.
- " Remove Your plague from me; Because of the opposition of Your hand I am perishing.
- "With reproofs You chasten a man for iniquity; You consume as a moth what is precious to him; Surely every man is a mere breath. Selah.
- " Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry; Do not be silent at my tears; For I am a stranger with You, A sojourner like all my fathers.
- " Turn Your gaze away from me, that I may smile again Before I depart and am no more.' 40 God Sustains His Servant. For the choir director.A Psalm of David.
- I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
- He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
- He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the LORD.
- How blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust, And has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood.
- Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count.
- Sacrifice and meal offering You have not desired; My ears You have opened; Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required.
- Then I said, "Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
- I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart.'
- I have proclaimed glad tidings of righteousness in the great congregation; Behold, I will not restrain my lips, O LORD, You know.
- I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have spoken of Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth from the great congregation.
- You, O LORD, will not withhold Your compassion from me; Your lovingkindness and Your truth will continually preserve me.
- For evils beyond number have surrounded me; My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to see; They are more numerous than the hairs of my head, And my heart has failed me.
- Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me; Make haste, O LORD, to help me.
- Let those be ashamed and humiliated together Who seek my life to destroy it; Let those be turned back and dishonored Who delight in my hurt.
- Let those be appalled because of their shame Who say to me, "Aha, aha!'
- Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let those who love Your salvation say continually, "The LORD be magnified!'
- Since I am afflicted and needy, Let the Lord be mindful of me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God. 41 The Psalmist in Sickness Complains of Enemies and False Friends. For the choir director.A Psalm of David.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- How blessed is he who considers the helpless; The LORD will deliver him in a day of trouble.
- The LORD will protect him and keep him alive, And he shall be called blessed upon the earth; And do not give him over to the desire of his enemies.
- The LORD will sustain him upon his sickbed; In his illness, You restore him to health.
- As for me, I said, "O LORD, be gracious to me; Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You.'
- My enemies speak evil against me, "When will he die, and his name perish?'
- And when he comes to see me, he speaks falsehood; His heart gathers wickedness to itself; When he goes outside, he tells it.
- All who hate me whisper together against me; Against me they devise my hurt, saying,
- "A wicked thing is poured out upon him, That when he lies down, he will not rise up again.'
- Even my close friend in whom I trusted, Who ate my bread, Has lifted up his heel against me.
- But You, O LORD, be gracious to me and raise me up, That I may repay them.
- By this I know that You are pleased with me, Because my enemy does not shout in triumph over me.
- As for me, You uphold me in my integrity, And You set me in Your presence forever.
- Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, From everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen. BOOK 2 42 Thirsting for God in Trouble and Exile. For the choir director. A Maskil of the sons of Korah.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.