52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives?
- For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband.
- So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man.
- Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
- For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.
- But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
- What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, " YOU SHALL NOT COVET.'
- But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.
- I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died;
- and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me;
- for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.
- So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.
- Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.
- For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
- For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
- But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.
- So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
- For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
- For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
- But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
- I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
- For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
- but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.
- Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
- Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin. 8
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
- For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
- so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
- For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
- For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
- because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
- and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
- However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
- If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
- But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
- So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh
- for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
- For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
- For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, " Abba! Father!'
- The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
- and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
- For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
- For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
- For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope
- that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
- For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
- And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
- For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?
- But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.
- In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
- and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
- And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
- For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;
- and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
- What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?
- He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
- Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies;
- who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.
- Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
- Just as it is written, " FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.'
- But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.
- For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
- nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 9
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.