52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- "Is not man forced to labor on earth, And are not his days like the days of a hired man?
- "As a slave who pants for the shade, And as a hired man who eagerly waits for his wages,
- So am I allotted months of vanity, And nights of trouble are appointed me.
- "When I lie down I say, "When shall I arise?' But the night continues, And I am continually tossing until dawn.
- "My flesh is clothed with worms and a crust of dirt, My skin hardens and runs.
- "My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, And come to an end without hope.
- "Remember that my life is but breath; My eye will not again see good.
- "The eye of him who sees me will behold me no longer; Your eyes will be on me, but I will not be.
- "When a cloud vanishes, it is gone, So he who goes down to Sheol does not come up.
- "He will not return again to his house, Nor will his place know him anymore.
- "Therefore I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit, I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
- "Am I the sea, or the sea monster, That You set a guard over me?
- "If I say, " My bed will comfort me, My couch will ease my complaint,'
- Then You frighten me with dreams And terrify me by visions;
- So that my soul would choose suffocation, Death rather than my pains.
- "I waste away; I will not live forever. Leave me alone, for my days are but a breath.
- " What is man that You magnify him, And that You are concerned about him,
- That You examine him every morning And try him every moment?
- " Will You never turn Your gaze away from me, Nor let me alone until I swallow my spittle?
- " Have I sinned? What have I done to You, O watcher of men? Why have You set me as Your target, So that I am a burden to myself?
- "Why then do You not pardon my transgression And take away my iniquity? For now I will lie down in the dust; And You will seek me, but I will not be.' 8
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Then Bildad the Shuhite answered,
- "How long will you say these things, And the words of your mouth be a mighty wind?
- "Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert what is right?
- " If your sons sinned against Him, Then He delivered them into the power of their transgression.
- "If you would seek God And implore the compassion of the Almighty,
- If you are pure and upright, Surely now He would rouse Himself for you And restore your righteous estate.
- "Though your beginning was insignificant, Yet your end will increase greatly.
- "Please inquire of past generations, And consider the things searched out by their fathers.
- "For we are only of yesterday and know nothing, Because our days on earth are as a shadow.
- "Will they not teach you and tell you, And bring forth words from their minds?
- "Can the papyrus grow up without a marsh? Can the rushes grow without water?
- "While it is still green and not cut down, Yet it withers before any other plant.
- "So are the paths of all who forget God; And the hope of the godless will perish,
- Whose confidence is fragile, And whose trust a spider's web.
- "He trusts in his house, but it does not stand; He holds fast to it, but it does not endure.
- "He thrives before the sun, And his shoots spread out over his garden.
- "His roots wrap around a rock pile, He grasps a house of stones.
- "If he is removed from his place, Then it will deny him, saying, " I never saw you.'
- "Behold, this is the joy of His way; And out of the dust others will spring.
- "Lo, God will not reject a man of integrity, Nor will He support the evildoers.
- "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter And your lips with shouting.
- "Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, And the tent of the wicked will be no longer.' 9
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.