52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Timothy 1
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,
- To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines,
- nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith.
- But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
- For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion,
- wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.
- But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
- realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers
- and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,
- according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.
- I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service,
- even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief;
- and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.
- It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.
- Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.
- Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
- This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight,
- keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.
- Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme. 2
1 Timothy 2
- First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
- for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
- This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
- who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
- For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
- who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.
- For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle ( I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
- Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.
- Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,
- but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
- A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
- But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
- For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.
- And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
- But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint. 3
1 Timothy 3
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do.
- An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
- not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money.
- He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity
- (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?),
- and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil.
- And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
- Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain,
- but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.
- These men must also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons if they are beyond reproach.
- Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things.
- Deacons must be husbands of only one wife, and good managers of their children and their own households.
- For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a high standing and great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.
- I am writing these things to you, hoping to come to you before long;
- but in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.
- By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory. 4
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.