|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Timothy 1
- Paul, apostle of Jesus Christ, according to [the] command of God our Saviour, and of Christ Jesus our hope,
- to Timotheus, [my] true child in faith: grace, mercy, peace, from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Even as I begged thee to remain in Ephesus, [when I was] going to Macedonia, that thou mightest enjoin some not to teach other doctrines,
- nor to turn their minds to fables and interminable genealogies, which bring questionings rather than [further] God's dispensation, which [is] in faith.
- But the end of what is enjoined is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience and unfeigned faith;
- which [things] some having missed, have turned aside to vain discourse,
- desiring to be law-teachers, not understanding either what they say or concerning what they [so] strenuously affirm.
- Now we know that the law [is] good if any one uses it lawfully,
- knowing this, that law has not its application to a righteous person, but to [the] lawless and insubordinate, to [the] impious and sinful, to [the] unholy and profane, to smiters of fathers and smiters of mothers; to murderers,
- fornicators, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers; and if any other thing is opposed to sound teaching,
- according to the glad tidings of the glory of the blessed God, with which *I* have been entrusted.
- [And] I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me power, that he has counted me faithful, appointing to ministry him
- who before was a blasphemer and persecutor, and an insolent overbearing [man]: but mercy was shewn me because I did it ignorantly, in unbelief.
- But the grace of our Lord surpassingly over-abounded with faith and love, which [is] in Christ Jesus.
- Faithful [is] the word, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom *I* am [the] first.
- But for this reason mercy was shewn me, that in me, [the] first, Jesus Christ might display the whole long-suffering, for a delineation of those about to believe on him to life eternal.
- Now to the King of the ages, [the] incorruptible, invisible, only God, honour and glory to the ages of ages. Amen.
- This charge, [my] child Timotheus, I commit to thee, according to the prophecies as to thee preceding, in order that thou mightest war by them the good warfare,
- maintaining faith and a good conscience; which [last] some, having put away, have made shipwreck as to faith;
- of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have delivered to Satan, that they may be taught by discipline not to blaspheme.
1 Timothy 2
- I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings be made for all men;
- for kings and all that are in dignity, that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all piety and gravity;
- for this is good and acceptable before our Saviour God,
- who desires that all men should be saved and come to [the] knowledge of [the] truth.
- For God is one, and [the] mediator of God and men one, [the] man Christ Jesus,
- who gave himself a ransom for all, the testimony [to be rendered] in its own times;
- to which *I* have been appointed a herald and apostle, (I speak [the] truth, I do not lie,) a teacher of [the] nations in faith and truth.
- I will therefore that the men pray in every place, lifting up pious hands, without wrath or reasoning.
- In like manner also that the women in decent deportment and dress adorn themselves with modesty and discretion, not with plaited [hair] and gold, or pearls, or costly clothing,
- but, what becomes women making profession of the fear of God, by good works.
- Let a woman learn in quietness in all subjection;
- but I do not suffer a woman to teach nor to exercise authority over man, but to be in quietness;
- for Adam was formed first, then Eve:
- and Adam was not deceived; but the woman, having been deceived, was in transgression.
- But she shall be preserved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and love and holiness with discretion.
1 Timothy 3
- The word [is] faithful: if any one aspires to exercise oversight, he desires a good work.
- The overseer then must be irreproachable, husband of one wife, sober, discreet, decorous, hospitable, apt to teach;
- not given to excesses from wine, not a striker, but mild, not addicted to contention, not fond of money,
- conducting his own house well, having [his] children in subjection with all gravity;
- (but if one does not know how to conduct his own house, how shall he take care of the assembly of God?)
- not a novice, that he may not, being inflated, fall into [the] fault of the devil.
- But it is necessary that he should have also a good testimony from those without, that he may fall not into reproach and [the] snare of the devil.
- Ministers, in like manner, grave, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not seeking gain by base means,
- holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
- And let these be first proved, then let them minister, being without charge [against them].
- [The] women in like manner grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
- Let [the] ministers be husbands of one wife, conducting [their] children and their own houses well:
- for those who shall have ministered well obtain for themselves a good degree, and much boldness in faith which [is] in Christ Jesus.
- These things I write to thee, hoping to come to thee more quickly;
- but if I delay, in order that thou mayest know how one ought to conduct oneself in God's house, which is [the] assembly of [the] living God, [the] pillar and base of the truth.
- And confessedly the mystery of piety is great. God has been manifested in flesh, has been justified in [the] Spirit, has appeared to angels, has been preached among [the] nations, has been believed on in [the] world, has been received up in glory.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.