|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
- Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
- When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
- As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
- When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me;
- When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
- When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street!
- The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up.
- The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
- The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
- When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me:
- Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.
- The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
- I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
- I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
- I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
- And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
- Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the sand.
- My root was spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
- My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
- Unto me men gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
- After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
- And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
- If I laughed on them, they believed it not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
- I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.
- But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.
- Yea, whereto might the strength of their hands profit me, in whom old age was perished?
- For want and famine they were solitary; fleeing into the wilderness in former time desolate and waste.
- Who cut up mallows by the bushes, and juniper roots for their meat.
- They were driven forth from among men, (they cried after them as after a thief;)
- To dwell in the cliffs of the valleys, in caves of the earth, and in the rocks.
- Among the bushes they brayed; under the nettles they were gathered together.
- They were children of fools, yea, children of base men: they were viler than the earth.
- And now am I their song, yea, I am their byword.
- They abhor me, they flee far from me, and spare not to spit in my face.
- Because he hath loosed my cord, and afflicted me, they have also let loose the bridle before me.
- Upon my right hand rise the youth; they push away my feet, and they raise up against me the ways of their destruction.
- They mar my path, they set forward my calamity, they have no helper.
- They came upon me as a wide breaking in of waters: in the desolation they rolled themselves upon me.
- Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.
- And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me.
- My bones are pierced in me in the night season: and my sinews take no rest.
- By the great force of my disease is my garment changed: it bindeth me about as the collar of my coat.
- He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes.
- I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not.
- Thou art become cruel to me: with thy strong hand thou opposest thyself against me.
- Thou liftest me up to the wind; thou causest me to ride upon it, and dissolvest my substance.
- For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.
- Howbeit he will not stretch out his hand to the grave, though they cry in his destruction.
- Did not I weep for him that was in trouble? was not my soul grieved for the poor?
- When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.
- My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
- I went mourning without the sun: I stood up, and I cried in the congregation.
- I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
- My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.
- My harp also is turned to mourning, and my organ into the voice of them that weep.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.