52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And Job again took up his discourse and said,
- "Oh that I were as in months gone by, As in the days when God watched over me;
- When His lamp shone over my head, And by His light I walked through darkness;
- As I was in the prime of my days, When the friendship of God was over my tent;
- When the Almighty was yet with me, And my children were around me;
- When my steps were bathed in butter, And the rock poured out for me streams of oil!
- "When I went out to the gate of the city, When I took my seat in the square,
- The young men saw me and hid themselves, And the old men arose and stood.
- "The princes stopped talking And put their hands on their mouths;
- The voice of the nobles was hushed, And their tongue stuck to their palate.
- "For when the ear heard, it called me blessed, And when the eye saw, it gave witness of me,
- Because I delivered the poor who cried for help, And the orphan who had no helper.
- "The blessing of the one ready to perish came upon me, And I made the widow's heart sing for joy.
- "I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; My justice was like a robe and a turban.
- "I was eyes to the blind And feet to the lame.
- "I was a father to the needy, And I investigated the case which I did not know.
- "I broke the jaws of the wicked And snatched the prey from his teeth.
- "Then I thought, "I shall die in my nest, And I shall multiply my days as the sand.
- "My root is spread out to the waters, And dew lies all night on my branch.
- "My glory is ever new with me, And my bow is renewed in my hand.'
- "To me they listened and waited, And kept silent for my counsel.
- "After my words they did not speak again, And my speech dropped on them.
- "They waited for me as for the rain, And opened their mouth as for the spring rain.
- "I smiled on them when they did not believe, And the light of my face they did not cast down.
- "I chose a way for them and sat as chief, And dwelt as a king among the troops, As one who comforted the mourners. 30
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- "But now those younger than I mock me, Whose fathers I disdained to put with the dogs of my flock.
- "Indeed, what good was the strength of their hands to me? Vigor had perished from them.
- "From want and famine they are gaunt Who gnaw the dry ground by night in waste and desolation,
- Who pluck mallow by the bushes, And whose food is the root of the broom shrub.
- "They are driven from the community; They shout against them as against a thief,
- So that they dwell in dreadful valleys, In holes of the earth and of the rocks.
- "Among the bushes they cry out; Under the nettles they are gathered together.
- " Fools, even those without a name, They were scourged from the land.
- "And now I have become their taunt, I have even become a byword to them.
- "They abhor me and stand aloof from me, And they do not refrain from spitting at my face.
- "Because He has loosed His bowstring and afflicted me, They have cast off the bridle before me.
- "On the right hand their brood arises; They thrust aside my feet and build up against me their ways of destruction.
- "They break up my path, They profit from my destruction; No one restrains them.
- "As through a wide breach they come, Amid the tempest they roll on.
- " Terrors are turned against me; They pursue my honor as the wind, And my prosperity has passed away like a cloud.
- "And now my soul is poured out within me; Days of affliction have seized me.
- "At night it pierces my bones within me, And my gnawing pains take no rest.
- "By a great force my garment is distorted; It binds me about as the collar of my coat.
- "He has cast me into the mire, And I have become like dust and ashes.
- "I cry out to You for help, but You do not answer me; I stand up, and You turn Your attention against me.
- "You have become cruel to me; With the might of Your hand You persecute me.
- "You lift me up to the wind and cause me to ride; And You dissolve me in a storm.
- "For I know that You will bring me to death And to the house of meeting for all living.
- "Yet does not one in a heap of ruins stretch out his hand, Or in his disaster therefore cry out for help?
- "Have I not wept for the one whose life is hard? Was not my soul grieved for the needy?
- "When I expected good, then evil came; When I waited for light, then darkness came.
- " I am seething within and cannot relax; Days of affliction confront me.
- "I go about mourning without comfort; I stand up in the assembly and cry out for help.
- "I have become a brother to jackals And a companion of ostriches.
- "My skin turns black on me, And my bones burn with fever.
- "Therefore my harp is turned to mourning, And my flute to the sound of those who weep. 31
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.