52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Corinthians 1
- Paul, a called apostle of Jesus Christ, through the will of God, and Sosthenes the brother,
- to the assembly of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all those calling upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place -- both theirs and ours:
- Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!
- I give thanks to my God always concerning you for the grace of God that was given to you in Christ Jesus,
- that in every thing ye were enriched in him, in all discourse and all knowledge,
- according as the testimony of the Christ was confirmed in you,
- so that ye are not behind in any gift, waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- who also shall confirm you unto the end -- unblamable in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- faithful [is] God, through whom ye were called to the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
- And I call upon you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that the same thing ye may all say, and there may not be divisions among you, and ye may be perfected in the same mind, and in the same judgment,
- for it was signified to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe, that contentions are among you;
- and I say this, that each one of you saith, `I, indeed, am of Paul' -- `and I of Apollos,' -- `and I of Cephas,' -- `and I of Christ.'
- Hath the Christ been divided? was Paul crucified for you? or to the name of Paul were ye baptized;
- I give thanks to God that no one of you did I baptize, except Crispus and Gaius --
- that no one may say that to my own name I did baptize;
- and I did baptize also Stephanas' household -- further, I have not known if I did baptize any other.
- For Christ did not send me to baptize, but -- to proclaim good news; not in wisdom of discourse, that the cross of the Christ may not be made of none effect;
- for the word of the cross to those indeed perishing is foolishness, and to us -- those being saved -- it is the power of God,
- for it hath been written, `I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the intelligence of the intelligent I will bring to nought;'
- where [is] the wise? where the scribe? where a disputer of this age? did not God make foolish the wisdom of this world?
- for, seeing in the wisdom of God the world through the wisdom knew not God, it did please God through the foolishness of the preaching to save those believing.
- Since also Jews ask a sign, and Greeks seek wisdom,
- also we -- we preach Christ crucified, to Jews, indeed, a stumbling-block, and to Greeks foolishness,
- and to those called -- both Jews and Greeks -- Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God,
- because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men;
- for see your calling, brethren, that not many [are] wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;
- but the foolish things of the world did God choose, that the wise He may put to shame; and the weak things of the world did God choose that He may put to shame the strong;
- and the base things of the world, and the things despised did God choose, and the things that are not, that the things that are He may make useless --
- that no flesh may glory before Him;
- and of Him ye -- ye are in Christ Jesus, who became to us from God wisdom, righteousness also, and sanctification, and redemption,
- that, according as it hath been written, `He who is glorying -- in the Lord let him glory.'
1 Corinthians 2
- And I, having come unto you, brethren, came -- not in superiority of discourse or wisdom -- declaring to you the testimony of God,
- for I decided not to know any thing among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified;
- and I, in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling, was with you;
- and my word and my preaching was not in persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power --
- that your faith may not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
- And wisdom we speak among the perfect, and wisdom not of this age, nor of the rulers of this age -- of those becoming useless,
- but we speak the hidden wisdom of God in a secret, that God foreordained before the ages to our glory,
- which no one of the rulers of this age did know, for if they had known, the Lord of the glory they would not have crucified;
- but, according as it hath been written, `What eye did not see, and ear did not hear, and upon the heart of man came not up, what God did prepare for those loving Him --'
- but to us did God reveal [them] through His Spirit, for the Spirit all things doth search, even the depths of God,
- for who of men hath known the things of the man, except the spirit of the man that [is] in him? so also the things of God no one hath known, except the Spirit of God.
- And we the spirit of the world did not receive, but the Spirit that [is] of God, that we may know the things conferred by God on us,
- which things also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Holy Spirit, with spiritual things spiritual things comparing,
- and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know [them], because spiritually they are discerned;
- and he who is spiritual, doth discern indeed all things, and he himself is by no one discerned;
- for who did know the mind of the Lord that he shall instruct Him? and we -- we have the mind of Christ.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.