|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Truth I say in Christ, I lie not, my conscience bearing testimony with me in the Holy Spirit,
- that I have great grief and unceasing pain in my heart --
- for I was wishing, I myself, to be anathema from the Christ -- for my brethren, my kindred, according to the flesh,
- who are Israelites, whose [is] the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the lawgiving, and the service, and the promises,
- whose [are] the fathers, and of whom [is] the Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen.
- And it is not possible that the word of God hath failed; for not all who [are] of Israel are these Israel;
- nor because they are seed of Abraham [are] all children, but -- `in Isaac shall a seed be called to thee;'
- that is, the children of the flesh -- these [are] not children of God; but the children of the promise are reckoned for seed;
- for the word of promise [is] this; `According to this time I will come, and there shall be to Sarah a son.'
- And not only [so], but also Rebecca, having conceived by one -- Isaac our father --
- (for they being not yet born, neither having done anything good or evil, that the purpose of God, according to choice, might remain; not of works, but of Him who is calling,) it was said to her --
- `The greater shall serve the less;'
- according as it hath been written, `Jacob I did love, and Esau I did hate.'
- What, then, shall we say? unrighteousness [is] with God? let it not be!
- for to Moses He saith, `I will do kindness to whom I do kindness, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion;'
- so, then -- not of him who is willing, nor of him who is running, but of God who is doing kindness:
- for the Writing saith to Pharaoh -- `For this very thing I did raise thee up, that I might shew in thee My power, and that My name might be declared in all the land;'
- so, then, to whom He willeth, He doth kindness, and to whom He willeth, He doth harden.
- Thou wilt say, then, to me, `Why yet doth He find fault? for His counsel who hath resisted?'
- nay, but, O man, who art thou that art answering again to God? shall the thing formed say to Him who did form [it], Why me didst thou make thus?
- hath not the potter authority over the clay, out of the same lump to make the one vessel to honour, and the one to dishonour?
- And if God, willing to shew the wrath and to make known His power, did endure, in much long suffering, vessels of wrath fitted for destruction,
- and that He might make known the riches of His glory on vessels of kindness, that He before prepared for glory, whom also He did call -- us --
- not only out of Jews, but also out of nations,
- as also in Hosea He saith, `I will call what [is] not My people -- My people; and her not beloved -- Beloved,
- and it shall be -- in the place where it was said to them, Ye [are] not My people; there they shall be called sons of the living God.'
- And Isaiah doth cry concerning Israel, `If the number of the sons of Israel may be as the sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved;
- for a matter He is finishing, and is cutting short in righteousness, because a matter cut short will the Lord do upon the land.
- and according as Isaiah saith before, `Except the Lord of Sabaoth did leave to us a seed, as Sodom we had become, and as Gomorrah we had been made like.'
- What, then, shall we say? that nations who are not pursuing righteousness did attain to righteousness, and righteousness that [is] of faith,
- and Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, at a law of righteousness did not arrive;
- wherefore? because -- not by faith, but as by works of law; for they did stumble at the stone of stumbling,
- according as it hath been written, `Lo, I place in Sion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offence; and every one who is believing thereon shall not be ashamed.'
- Brethren, the pleasure indeed of my heart, and my supplication that [is] to God for Israel, is -- for salvation;
- for I bear them testimony that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge,
- for not knowing the righteousness of God, and their own righteousness seeking to establish, to the righteousness of God they did not submit.
- For Christ is an end of law for righteousness to every one who is believing,
- for Moses doth describe the righteousness that [is] of the law, that, `The man who did them shall live in them,'
- and the righteousness of faith doth thus speak: `Thou mayest not say in thine heart, Who shall go up to the heaven,' that is, Christ to bring down?
- or, `Who shall go down to the abyss,' that is, Christ out of the dead to bring up.
- But what doth it say? `Nigh thee is the saying -- in thy mouth, and in thy heart:' that is, the saying of the faith, that we preach;
- that if thou mayest confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and mayest believe in thy heart that God did raise him out of the dead, thou shalt be saved,
- for with the heart doth [one] believe to righteousness, and with the mouth is confession made to salvation;
- for the Writing saith, `Every one who is believing on him shall not be ashamed,'
- for there is no difference between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord of all [is] rich to all those calling upon Him,
- for every one -- whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'
- How then shall they call upon [him] in whom they did not believe? and how shall they believe [on him] of whom they did not hear? and how shall they hear apart from one preaching?
- and how shall they preach, if they may not be sent? according as it hath been written, `How beautiful the feet of those proclaiming good tidings of peace, of those proclaiming good tidings of the good things!'
- But they were not all obedient to the good tidings, for Isaiah saith, `Lord, who did give credence to our report?'
- so then the faith [is] by a report, and the report through a saying of God,
- but I say, Did they not hear? yes, indeed -- `to all the earth their voice went forth, and to the ends of the habitable world their sayings.'
- But I say, Did not Israel know? first Moses saith, `I will provoke you to jealousy by [that which is] not a nation; by an unintelligent nation I will anger you,'
- and Isaiah is very bold, and saith, `I was found by those not seeking Me; I became manifest to those not inquiring after Me;'
- and unto Israel He saith, `All the day I did stretch out My hands unto a people unbelieving and gainsaying.'
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.