|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Call upon you, then, do I -- the prisoner of the Lord -- to walk worthily of the calling with which ye were called,
- with all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one another in love,
- being diligent to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of the peace;
- one body and one Spirit, according as also ye were called in one hope of your calling;
- one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
- one God and Father of all, who [is] over all, and through all, and in you all,
- and to each one of you was given the grace, according to the measure of the gift of Christ,
- wherefore, he saith, `Having gone up on high he led captive captivity, and gave gifts to men,' --
- and that, he went up, what is it except that he also went down first to the lower parts of the earth?
- he who went down is the same also who went up far above all the heavens, that He may fill all things --
- and He gave some [as] apostles, and some [as] prophets, and some [as] proclaimers of good news, and some [as] shepherds and teachers,
- unto the perfecting of the saints, for a work of ministration, for a building up of the body of the Christ,
- till we may all come to the unity of the faith and of the recognition of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to a measure of stature of the fulness of the Christ,
- that we may no more be babes, tossed and borne about by every wind of the teaching, in the sleight of men, in craftiness, unto the artifice of leading astray,
- and, being true in love, we may increase to Him [in] all things, who is the head -- the Christ;
- from whom the whole body, being fitly joined together and united, through the supply of every joint, according to the working in the measure of each single part, the increase of the body doth make for the building up of itself in love.
- This, then, I say, and I testify in the Lord; ye are no more to walk, as also the other nations walk, in the vanity of their mind,
- being darkened in the understanding, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart,
- who, having ceased to feel, themselves did give up to the lasciviousness, for the working of all uncleanness in greediness;
- and ye did not so learn the Christ,
- if so be ye did hear him, and in him were taught, as truth is in Jesus;
- ye are to put off concerning the former behaviour the old man, that is corrupt according to the desires of the deceit,
- and to be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
- and to put on the new man, which, according to God, was created in righteousness and kindness of the truth.
- Wherefore, putting away the lying, speak truth each with his neighbour, because we are members one of another;
- be angry and do not sin; let not the sun go down upon your wrath,
- neither give place to the devil;
- whoso is stealing let him no more steal, but rather let him labour, working the thing that is good with the hands, that he may have to impart to him having need.
- Let no corrupt word out of your mouth go forth, but what is good unto the needful building up, that it may give grace to the hearers;
- and make not sorrowful the Holy Spirit of God, in which ye were sealed to a day of redemption.
- Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil-speaking, be put away from you, with all malice,
- and become one to another kind, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, according as also God in Christ did forgive you.
- Become, then, followers of God, as children beloved,
- and walk in love, as also the Christ did love us, and did give himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for an odour of a sweet smell,
- and whoredom, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as becometh saints;
- also filthiness, and foolish talking, or jesting, -- the things not fit -- but rather thanksgiving;
- for this ye know, that every whoremonger, or unclean, or covetous person, who is an idolater, hath no inheritance in the reign of the Christ and God.
- Let no one deceive you with vain words, for because of these things cometh the anger of God upon the sons of the disobedience,
- become not, then, partakers with them,
- for ye were once darkness, and now light in the Lord; as children of light walk ye,
- for the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness, and righteousness, and truth,
- proving what is well-pleasing to the Lord,
- and have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of the darkness and rather even convict,
- for the things in secret done by them it is a shame even to speak of,
- and all the things reproved by the light are manifested, for everything that is manifested is light;
- wherefore he saith, `Arouse thyself, thou who art sleeping, and arise out of the dead, and the Christ shall shine upon thee.'
- See, then, how exactly ye walk, not as unwise, but as wise,
- redeeming the time, because the days are evil;
- because of this become not fools, but -- understanding what [is] the will of the Lord,
- and be not drunk with wine, in which is dissoluteness, but be filled in the Spirit,
- speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,
- giving thanks always for all things, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to the God and Father;
- subjecting yourselves to one another in the fear of God.
- The wives! to your own husbands subject yourselves, as to the Lord,
- because the husband is head of the wife, as also the Christ [is] head of the assembly, and he is saviour of the body,
- but even as the assembly is subject to Christ, so also [are] the wives to their own husbands in everything.
- The husbands! love your own wives, as also the Christ did love the assembly, and did give himself for it,
- that he might sanctify it, having cleansed [it] with the bathing of the water in the saying,
- that he might present it to himself the assembly in glory, not having spot or wrinkle, or any of such things, but that it may be holy and unblemished;
- so ought the husbands to love their own wives as their own bodies: he who is loving his own wife -- himself he doth love;
- for no one ever his own flesh did hate, but doth nourish and cherish it, as also the Lord -- the assembly,
- because members we are of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones;
- `for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife, and they shall be -- the two -- for one flesh;'
- this secret is great, and I speak in regard to Christ and to the assembly;
- but ye also, every one in particular -- let each his own wife so love as himself, and the wife -- that she may reverence the husband.
- The children! obey your parents in the Lord, for this is righteous;
- honour thy father and mother,
- which is the first command with a promise, `That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live a long time upon the land.'
- And the fathers! provoke not your children, but nourish them in the instruction and admonition of the Lord.
- The servants! obey the masters according to the flesh with fear and trembling, in the simplicity of your heart, as to the Christ;
- not with eye-service as men-pleasers, but as servants of the Christ, doing the will of God out of soul,
- with good-will serving, as to the Lord, and not to men,
- having known that whatever good thing each one may do, this he shall receive from the Lord, whether servant or freeman.
- And the masters! the same things do ye unto them, letting threatening alone, having known that also your Master is in the heavens, and acceptance of persons is not with him.
- As to the rest, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might;
- put on the whole armour of God, for your being able to stand against the wiles of the devil,
- because we have not the wrestling with blood and flesh, but with the principalities, with the authorities, with the world-rulers of the darkness of this age, with the spiritual things of the evil in the heavenly places;
- because of this take ye up the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to resist in the day of the evil, and all things having done -- to stand.
- Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about in truth, and having put on the breastplate of the righteousness,
- and having the feet shod in the preparation of the good-news of the peace;
- above all, having taken up the shield of the faith, in which ye shall be able all the fiery darts of the evil one to quench,
- and the helmet of the salvation receive, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the saying of God,
- through all prayer and supplication praying at all times in the Spirit, and in regard to this same, watching in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints --
- and in behalf of me, that to me may be given a word in the opening of my mouth, in freedom, to make known the secret of the good news,
- for which I am an ambassador in a chain, that in it I may speak freely -- as it behoveth me to speak.
- And that ye may know -- ye also -- the things concerning me -- what I do, all things make known to you shall Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful ministrant in the Lord,
- whom I did send unto you for this very thing, that ye might know the things concerning us, and that he might comfort your hearts.
- Peace to the brethren, and love, with faith, from God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ!
- The grace with all those loving our Lord Jesus Christ -- undecayingly! Amen.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.