52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- To the Overseer. -- `On the Lilies,' by David. Save me, O God, for come have waters unto the soul.
- I have sunk in deep mire, And there is no standing, I have come into the depths of the waters, And a flood hath overflown me.
- I have been wearied with my calling, Burnt hath been my throat, Consumed have been mine eyes, waiting for my God.
- Those hating me without cause Have been more than the hairs of my head, Mighty have been my destroyers, My lying enemies, That which I took not away -- I bring back.
- O God, Thou -- Thou hast known Concerning my overturn, And my desolations from Thee have not been hid.
- Let not those waiting on Thee be ashamed because of me, O Lord, Jehovah of Hosts, Let not those seeking Thee Blush because of me, O God of Israel.
- For because of Thee I have borne reproach, Shame hath covered my face.
- A stranger I have been to my brother, And a foreigner to sons of my mother.
- For zeal for Thy house hath consumed me, And the reproaches of Thy reproachers Have fallen upon me.
- And I weep in the fasting of my soul, And it is for a reproach to me.
- And I make my clothing sackcloth, And I am to them for a simile.
- Those sitting at the gate meditate concerning me, And those drinking strong drink, Play on instruments.
- And I -- my prayer [is] to Thee, O Jehovah, A time of good pleasure, O God, In the abundance of Thy kindness, Answer me in the truth of Thy salvation.
- Deliver me from the mire, and let me not sink, Let me be delivered from those hating me, And from deep places of waters.
- Let not a flood of waters overflow me, Nor let the deep swallow me up, Nor let the pit shut her mouth upon me.
- Answer me, O Jehovah, for good [is] Thy kindness, According to the abundance Of Thy mercies turn Thou unto me,
- And hide not Thy face from Thy servant, For I am in distress -- haste, answer me.
- Be near unto my soul -- redeem it, Because of mine enemies ransom me.
- Thou -- Thou hast known my reproach, And my shame, and my blushing, Before Thee [are] all mine adversaries.
- Reproach hath broken my heart, and I am sick, And I look for a bemoaner, and there is none, And for comforters, and I have found none.
- And they give for my food gall, And for my thirst cause me to drink vinegar.
- Their table before them is for a snare, And for a recompence -- for a trap.
- Darkened are their eyes from seeing, And their loins continually shake Thou.
- Pour upon them Thine indignation, And the fierceness of Thine anger doth seize them.
- Their tower is desolated, In their tents there is no dweller.
- For they have pursued him Thou hast smitten, And recount of the pain of Thy pierced ones.
- Give punishment for their iniquity, And they enter not into Thy righteousness.
- They are blotted out of the book of life, And with the righteous are not written.
- And I [am] afflicted and pained, Thy salvation, O God, doth set me on high.
- I praise the name of God with a song, And I magnify Him with thanksgiving,
- And it is better to Jehovah than an ox, A bullock -- horned -- hoofed.
- The humble have seen -- they rejoice, Ye who seek God -- and your heart liveth.
- For Jehovah hearkeneth unto the needy, And His bound ones He hath not despised.
- The heavens and earth do praise Him, Seas, and every moving thing in them.
- For God doth save Zion, And doth build the cities of Judah, And they have dwelt there, and possess it.
- And the seed of His servants inherit it, And those loving His name dwell in it!
- To the Overseer, by David. -- `To cause to remember.' O God, to deliver me, O Jehovah, for my help, haste.
- Let them be ashamed and confounded Who are seeking my soul, Let them be turned backward and blush Who are desiring my evil.
- Let them turn back because of their shame, Who are saying, `Aha, aha.'
- Let all those seeking Thee joy and be glad in Thee, And let those loving Thy salvation Say continually, `God is magnified.'
- And I [am] poor and needy, O God, haste to me, My help and my deliverer [art] Thou, O Jehovah, tarry Thou not!
- In Thee, O Jehovah, I have trusted, Let me not be ashamed to the age.
- In Thy righteousness Thou dost deliver me, And dost cause me to escape, Incline unto me Thine ear, and save me.
- Be to me for a rock -- a habitation, To go in continually, Thou hast given command to save me, For my rock and my bulwark [art] Thou.
- O my God, cause me to escape From the hand of the wicked, From the hand of the perverse and violent.
- For Thou [art] my hope, O Lord Jehovah, My trust from my youth.
- By Thee I have been supported from the womb, From my mother's bowels Thou dost cut me out, In Thee [is] my praise continually.
- As a wonder I have been to many, And Thou [art] my strong refuge.
- Filled is my mouth [with] Thy praise, All the day [with] Thy beauty.
- Cast me not off at the time of old age, According to the consumption of my power forsake me not.
- For mine enemies have spoken against me, And those watching my soul have taken counsel together,
- Saying, `God hath forsaken him, Pursue and catch him, for there is no deliverer.'
- O God, be not far from me, O my God, for my help make haste.
- They are ashamed, they are consumed, Who are opposing my soul, They are covered [with] reproach and blushing, Who are seeking my evil,
- And I continually do wait with hope, And have added unto all Thy praise.
- My mouth recounteth Thy righteousness, All the day Thy salvation, For I have not known the numbers.
- I come in the might of the Lord Jehovah, I mention Thy righteousness -- Thine only.
- God, Thou hast taught me from my youth, And hitherto I declare Thy wonders.
- And also unto old age and grey hairs, O God, forsake me not, Till I declare Thy strength to a generation, To every one that cometh Thy might.
- And Thy righteousness, O God, [is] unto the heights, Because Thou hast done great things, O God, who [is] like Thee?
- Because Thou hast showed me many and sad distresses, Thou turnest back -- Thou revivest me, And from the depths of the earth, Thou turnest back -- Thou bringest me up.
- Thou dost increase my greatness, And Thou surroundest -- Thou comfortest me,
- I also thank Thee with a vessel of psaltery, Thy truth, O my God, I sing to Thee with a harp, O Holy One of Israel,
- My lips cry aloud when I sing praise to Thee, And my soul that Thou hast redeemed,
- My tongue also all the day uttereth Thy righteousness, Because ashamed -- because confounded, Have been those seeking my evil!
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.