52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel:
- For knowing wisdom and instruction, For understanding sayings of intelligence,
- For receiving the instruction of wisdom, Righteousness, judgment, and uprightness,
- For giving to simple ones -- prudence, To a youth -- knowledge and discretion.
- (The wise doth hear and increaseth learning, And the intelligent doth obtain counsels.)
- For understanding a proverb and its sweetness, Words of the wise and their acute sayings.
- Fear of Jehovah [is] a beginning of knowledge, Wisdom and instruction fools have despised!
- Hear, my son, the instruction of thy father, And leave not the law of thy mother,
- For a graceful wreath [are] they to thy head, And chains to thy neck.
- My son, if sinners entice thee be not willing.
- If they say, `Come with us, we lay wait for blood, We watch secretly for the innocent without cause,
- We swallow them as Sheol -- alive, And whole -- as those going down [to] the pit,
- Every precious substance we find, We fill our houses [with] spoil,
- Thy lot thou dost cast among us, One purse is -- to all of us.'
- My son! go not in the way with them, Withhold thy foot from their path,
- For their feet to evil do run, And they haste to shed blood.
- Surely in vain is the net spread out before the eyes of any bird.
- And they for their own blood lay wait, They watch secretly for their own lives.
- So [are] the paths of every gainer of dishonest gain, The life of its owners it taketh.
- Wisdom in an out-place crieth aloud, In broad places she giveth forth her voice,
- At the head of the multitudes she calleth, In the openings of the gates, In the city her sayings she saith:
- `Till when, ye simple, do ye love simplicity? And have scorners their scorning desired? And do fools hate knowledge?
- Turn back at my reproof, lo, I pour forth to you my spirit, I make known my words with you.
- Because I have called, and ye refuse, I stretched out my hand, and none is attending,
- And ye slight all my counsel, And my reproof ye have not desired.
- I also in your calamity do laugh, I deride when your fear cometh,
- When your fear cometh as destruction, And your calamity as a hurricane doth come, When on you come adversity and distress.
- Then they call me, and I do not answer, They seek me earnestly, and find me not.
- Because that they have hated knowledge, And the fear of Jehovah have not chosen.
- They have not consented to my counsel, They have despised all my reproof,
- And they eat of the fruit of their way, And from their own counsels they are filled.
- For the turning of the simple slayeth them, And the security of the foolish destroyeth them.
- And whoso is hearkening to me dwelleth confidently, And [is] quiet from fear of evil!'
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.