|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel:
- That men may know wisdom and instruction, understand words of insight,
- receive instruction in wise dealing, righteousness, justice, and equity;
- that prudence may be given to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth--
- the wise man also may hear and increase in learning, and the man of understanding acquire skill,
- to understand a proverb and a figure, the words of the wise and their riddles.
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and reject not your mother's teaching;
- for they are a fair garland for your head, and pendants for your neck.
- My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent.
- If they say, "Come with us, let us lie in wait for blood, let us wantonly ambush the innocent;
- like Sheol let us swallow them alive and whole, like those who go down to the Pit;
- we shall find all precious goods, we shall fill our houses with spoil;
- throw in your lot among us, we will all have one purse" --
- my son, do not walk in the way with them, hold back your foot from their paths;
- for their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed blood.
- For in vain is a net spread in the sight of any bird;
- but these men lie in wait for their own blood, they set an ambush for their own lives.
- Such are the ways of all who get gain by violence; it takes away the life of its possessors.
- Wisdom cries aloud in the street; in the markets she raises her voice;
- on the top of the walls she cries out; at the entrance of the city gates she speaks:
- "How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will scoffers delight in their scoffing and fools hate knowledge?
- Give heed to my reproof; behold, I will pour out my thoughts to you; I will make my words known to you.
- Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded,
- and you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof,
- I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when panic strikes you,
- when panic strikes you like a storm, and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.
- Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me.
- Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD,
- would have none of my counsel, and despised all my reproof,
- therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way and be sated with their own devices.
- For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacence of fools destroys them;
- but he who listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of evil."
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.