52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 John 1
- That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon and touched with our hands, concerning the word of life--
- the life was made manifest, and we saw it, and testify to it, and proclaim to you the eternal life which was with the Father and was made manifest to us--
- that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you may have fellowship with us; and our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.
- And we are writing this that our joy may be complete.
- This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light and in him is no darkness at all.
- If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth;
- but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
- If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 2
- My little children, I am writing this to you so that you may not sin; but if any one does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
- and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
- And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
- He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
- but whoever keeps his word, in him truly love for God is perfected. By this we may be sure that we are in him:
- he who says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
- Beloved, I am writing you no new commandment, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.
- Yet I am writing you a new commandment, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining.
- He who says he is in the light and hates his brother is in the darkness still.
- He who loves his brother abides in the light, and in it there is no cause for stumbling.
- But he who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
- I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven for his sake.
- I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, children, because you know the Father.
- I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
- Do not love the world or the things in the world. If any one loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.
- For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world.
- And the world passes away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides for ever.
- Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour.
- They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out, that it might be plain that they all are not of us.
- But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all know.
- I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and know that no lie is of the truth.
- Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
- No one who denies the Son has the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also.
- Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you will abide in the Son and in the Father.
- And this is what he has promised us, eternal life.
- I write this to you about those who would deceive you;
- but the anointing which you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that any one should teach you; as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie, just as it has taught you, abide in him.
- And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming.
- If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that every one who does right is born of him.
1 John 3
- See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
- Beloved, we are God's children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
- And every one who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.
- Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.
- You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.
- No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.
- Little children, let no one deceive you. He who does right is righteous, as he is righteous.
- He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
- No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.
- By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother.
- For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another,
- and not be like Cain who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother's righteous.
- Do not wonder, brethren, that the world hates you.
- We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death.
- Any one who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
- By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- But if any one has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?
- Little children, let us not love in word or speech but in deed and in truth.
- By this we shall know that we are of the truth, and reassure our hearts before him
- whenever our hearts condemn us; for God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
- Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God;
- and we receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
- And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
- All who keep his commandments abide in him, and he in them. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit which he has given us.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.