|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- "When the LORD your God brings you into the land which you are entering to take possession of it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites, the Gir'gashites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Per'izzites, the Hivites, and the Jeb'usites, seven nations greater and mightier than yourselves,
- and when the LORD your God gives them over to you, and you defeat them; then you must utterly destroy them; you shall make no covenant with them, and show no mercy to them.
- You shall not make marriages with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons.
- For they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods; then the anger of the LORD would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.
- But thus shall you deal with them: you shall break down their altars, and dash in pieces their pillars, and hew down their Ashe'rim, and burn their graven images with fire.
- "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession, out of all the peoples that are on the face of the earth.
- It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the LORD set his love upon you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples;
- but it is because the LORD loves you, and is keeping the oath which he swore to your fathers, that the LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
- Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,
- and requites to their face those who hate him, by destroying them; he will not be slack with him who hates him, he will requite him to his face.
- You shall therefore be careful to do the commandment, and the statutes, and the ordinances, which I command you this day.
- "And because you hearken to these ordinances, and keep and do them, the LORD your God will keep with you the covenant and the steadfast love which he swore to your fathers to keep;
- he will love you, bless you, and multiply you; he will also bless the fruit of your body and the fruit of your ground, your grain and your wine and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the young of your flock, in the land which he swore to your fathers to give you.
- You shall be blessed above all peoples; there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.
- And the LORD will take away from you all sickness; and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew, will he inflict upon you, but he will lay them upon all who hate you.
- And you shall destroy all the peoples that the LORD your God will give over to you, your eye shall not pity them; neither shall you serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you.
- "If you say in your heart, 'These nations are greater than I; how can I dispossess them?'
- you shall not be afraid of them, but you shall remember what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt,
- the great trials which your eyes saw, the signs, the wonders, the mighty hand, and the outstretched arm, by which the LORD your God brought you out; so will the LORD your God do to all the peoples of whom you are afraid.
- Moreover the LORD your God will send hornets among them, until those who are left and hide themselves from you are destroyed.
- You shall not be in dread of them; for the LORD your God is in the midst of you, a great and terrible God.
- The LORD your God will clear away these nations before you little by little; you may not make an end of them at once, lest the wild beasts grow too numerous for you.
- But the LORD your God will give them over to you, and throw them into great confusion, until they are destroyed.
- And he will give their kings into your hand, and you shall make their name perish from under heaven; not a man shall be able to stand against you, until you have destroyed them.
- The graven images of their gods you shall burn with fire; you shall not covet the silver or the gold that is on them, or take it for yourselves, lest you be ensnared by it; for it is an abomination to the LORD your God.
- And you shall not bring an abominable thing into your house, and become accursed like it; you shall utterly detest and abhor it; for it is an accursed thing.
- "All the commandment which I command you this day you shall be careful to do, that you may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to give to your fathers.
- And you shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments, or not.
- And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know; that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but that man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD.
- Your clothing did not wear out upon you, and your foot did not swell, these forty years.
- Know then in your heart that, as a man disciplines his son, the LORD your God disciplines you.
- So you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, by walking in his ways and by fearing him.
- For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, flowing forth in valleys and hills,
- a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive trees and honey,
- a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing, a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills you can dig copper.
- And you shall eat and be full, and you shall bless the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.
- "Take heed lest you forget the LORD your God, by not keeping his commandments and his ordinances and his statutes, which I command you this day:
- lest, when you have eaten and are full, and have built goodly houses and live in them,
- and when your herds and flocks multiply, and your silver and gold is multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied,
- then your heart be lifted up, and you forget the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage,
- who led you through the great and terrible wilderness, with its fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty ground where there was no water, who brought you water out of the flinty rock,
- who fed you in the wilderness with manna which your fathers did not know, that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.
- Beware lest you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.'
- You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth; that he may confirm his covenant which he swore to your fathers, as at this day.
- And if you forget the LORD your God and go after other gods and serve them and worship them, I solemnly warn you this day that you shall surely perish.
- Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so shall you perish, because you would not obey the voice of the LORD your God.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- "Hear, O Israel; you are to pass over the Jordan this day, to go in to dispossess nations greater and mightier than yourselves, cities great and fortified up to heaven,
- a people great and tall, the sons of the Anakim, whom you know, and of whom you have heard it said, 'Who can stand before the sons of Anak?'
- Know therefore this day that he who goes over before you as a devouring fire is the LORD your God; he will destroy them and subdue them before you; so you shall drive them out, and make them perish quickly, as the LORD has promised you.
- "Do not say in your heart, after the LORD your God has thrust them out before you, 'It is because of my righteousness that the LORD has brought me in to possess this land'; whereas it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD is driving them out before you.
- Not because of your righteousness or the uprightness of your heart are you going in to possess their land; but because of the wickedness of these nations the LORD your God is driving them out from before you, and that he may confirm the word which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
- "Know therefore, that the LORD your God is not giving you this good land to possess because of your righteousness; for you are a stubborn people.
- Remember and do not forget how you provoked the LORD your God to wrath in the wilderness; from the day you came out of the land of Egypt, until you came to this place, you have been rebellious against the LORD.
- Even at Horeb you provoked the LORD to wrath, and the LORD was so angry with you that he was ready to destroy you.
- When I went up the mountain to receive the tables of stone, the tables of the covenant which the LORD made with you, I remained on the mountain forty days and forty nights; I neither ate bread nor drank water.
- And the LORD gave me the two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them were all the words which the LORD had spoken with you on the mountain out of the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly.
- And at the end of forty days and forty nights the LORD gave me the two tables of stone, the tables of the covenant.
- Then the LORD said to me, 'Arise, go down quickly from here; for your people whom you have brought from Egypt have acted corruptly; they have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them; they have made themselves a molten image.'
- "Furthermore the LORD said to me, 'I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stubborn people;
- let me alone, that I may destroy them and blot out their name from under heaven; and I will make of you a nation mightier and greater than they.'
- So I turned and came down from the mountain, and the mountain was burning with fire; and the two tables of the covenant were in my two hands.
- And I looked, and behold, you had sinned against the LORD your God; you had made yourselves a molten calf; you had turned aside quickly from the way which the LORD had commanded you.
- So I took hold of the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and broke them before your eyes.
- Then I lay prostrate before the LORD as before, forty days and forty nights; I neither ate bread nor drank water, because of all the sin which you had committed, in doing what was evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
- For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure which the LORD bore against you, so that he was ready to destroy you. But the LORD hearkened to me that time also.
- And the LORD was so angry with Aaron that he was ready to destroy him; and I prayed for Aaron also at the same time.
- Then I took the sinful thing, the calf which you had made, and burned it with fire and crushed it, grinding it very small, until it was as fine as dust; and I threw the dust of it into the brook that descended out of the mountain.
- "At Tab'erah also, and at Massah, and at Kib'roth-hatta'avah, you provoked the LORD to wrath.
- And when the LORD sent you from Ka'desh-bar'nea, saying, 'Go up and take possession of the land which I have given you,' then you rebelled against the commandment of the LORD your God, and did not believe him or obey his voice.
- You have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you.
- "So I lay prostrate before the LORD for these forty days and forty nights, because the LORD had said he would destroy you.
- And I prayed to the LORD, 'O Lord GOD, destroy not thy people and thy heritage, whom thou hast redeemed through thy greatness, whom thou hast brought out of Egypt with a mighty hand.
- Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; do not regard the stubbornness of this people, or their wickedness, or their sin,
- lest the land from which thou didst bring us say, "Because the LORD was not able to bring them into the land which he promised them, and because he hated them, he has brought them out to slay them in the wilderness."
- For they are thy people and thy heritage, whom thou didst bring out by thy great power and by thy outstretched arm.'
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.