52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- "Has not man a hard service upon earth, and are not his days like the days of a hireling?
- Like a slave who longs for the shadow, and like a hireling who looks for his wages,
- so I am allotted months of emptiness, and nights of misery are apportioned to me.
- When I lie down I say, 'When shall I arise?' But the night is long, and I am full of tossing till the dawn.
- My flesh is clothed with worms and dirt; my skin hardens, then breaks out afresh.
- My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and come to their end without hope.
- "Remember that my life is a breath; my eye will never again see good.
- The eye of him who sees me will behold me no more; while thy eyes are upon me, I shall be gone.
- As the cloud fades and vanishes, so he who goes down to Sheol does not come up;
- he returns no more to his house, nor does his place know him any more.
- "Therefore I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
- Am I the sea, or a sea monster, that thou settest a guard over me?
- When I say, 'My bed will comfort me, my couch will ease my complaint,'
- then thou dost scare me with dreams and terrify me with visions,
- so that I would choose strangling and death rather than my bones.
- I loathe my life; I would not live for ever. Let me alone, for my days are a breath.
- What is man, that thou dost make so much of him, and that thou dost set thy mind upon him,
- dost visit him every morning, and test him every moment?
- How long wilt thou not look away from me, nor let me alone till I swallow my spittle?
- If I sin, what do I do to thee, thou watcher of men? Why hast thou made me thy mark? Why have I become a burden to thee?
- Why dost thou not pardon my transgression and take away my iniquity? For now I shall lie in the earth; thou wilt seek me, but I shall not be."
- Then Bildad the Shuhite answered:
- "How long will you say these things, and the words of your mouth be a great wind?
- Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert the right?
- If your children have sinned against him, he has delivered them into the power of their transgression.
- If you will seek God and make supplication to the Almighty,
- if you are pure and upright, surely then he will rouse himself for you and reward you with a rightful habitation.
- And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great.
- "For inquire, I pray you, of bygone ages, and consider what the fathers have found;
- for we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, for our days on earth are a shadow.
- Will they not teach you, and tell you, and utter words out of their understanding?
- "Can papyrus grow where there is no marsh? Can reeds flourish where there is no water?
- While yet in flower and not cut down, they wither before any other plant.
- Such are the paths of all who forget God; the hope of the godless man shall perish.
- His confidence breaks in sunder, and his trust is a spider's web.
- He leans against his house, but it does not stand; he lays hold of it, but it does not endure.
- He thrives before the sun, and his shoots spread over his garden.
- His roots twine about the stoneheap; he lives among the rocks.
- If he is destroyed from his place, then it will deny him, saying, 'I have never seen you.'
- Behold, this is the joy of his way; and out of the earth others will spring.
- "Behold, God will not reject a blameless man, nor take the hand of evildoers.
- He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.
- Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tent of the wicked will be no more."
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.