|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- After this Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth.
- And Job said:
- "Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night which said, 'A man-child is conceived.'
- Let that day be darkness! May God above not seek it, nor light shine upon it.
- Let gloom and deep darkness claim it. Let clouds dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.
- That night--let thick darkness seize it! let it not rejoice among the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.
- Yea, let that night be barren; let no joyful cry be heard in it.
- Let those curse it who curse the day, who are skilled to rouse up Levi'athan.
- Let the stars of its dawn be dark; let it hope for light, but have none, nor see the eyelids of the morning;
- because it did not shut the doors of my mother's womb, nor hide trouble from my eyes.
- "Why did I not die at birth, come forth from the womb and expire?
- Why did the knees receive me? Or why the breasts, that I should suck?
- For then I should have lain down and been quiet; I should have slept; then I should have been at rest,
- with kings and counselors of the earth who rebuilt ruins for themselves,
- or with princes who had gold, who filled their houses with silver.
- Or why was I not as a hidden untimely birth, as infants that never see the light?
- There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary are at rest.
- There the prisoners are at ease together; they hear not the voice of the taskmaster.
- The small and the great are there, and the slave is free from his master.
- "Why is light given to him that is in misery, and life to the bitter in soul,
- who long for death, but it comes not, and dig for it more than for hid treasures;
- who rejoice exceedingly, and are glad, when they find the grave?
- Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, whom God has hedged in?
- For my sighing comes as my bread, and my groanings are poured out like water.
- For the thing that I fear comes upon me, and what I dread befalls me.
- I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest; but trouble comes."
- Then Eli'phaz the Te'manite answered:
- "If one ventures a word with you, will you be offended? Yet who can keep from speaking?
- Behold, you have instructed many, and you have strengthened the weak hands.
- Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have made firm the feeble knees.
- But now it has come to you, and you are impatient; it touches you, and you are dismayed.
- Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the integrity of your ways your hope?
- "Think now, who that was innocent ever perished? Or where were the upright cut off?
- As I have seen, those who plow iniquity and sow trouble reap the same.
- By the breath of God they perish, and by the blast of his anger they are consumed.
- The roar of the lion, the voice of the fierce lion, the teeth of the young lions, are broken.
- The strong lion perishes for lack of prey, and the whelps of the lioness are scattered.
- "Now a word was brought to me stealthily, my ear received the whisper of it.
- Amid thoughts from visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on men,
- dread came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones shake.
- A spirit glided past my face; the hair of my flesh stood up.
- It stood still, but I could not discern its appearance. A form was before my eyes; there was silence, then I heard a voice:
- 'Can mortal man be righteous before God? Can a man be pure before his Maker?
- Even in his servants he puts no trust, and his angels he charges with error;
- how much more those who dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, who are crushed before the moth.
- Between morning and evening they are destroyed; they perish for ever without any regarding it.
- If their tent-cord is plucked up within them, do they not die, and that without wisdom?'
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.