52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Then Job replied,
- "Even today my complaint is rebellion; His hand is heavy despite my groaning.
- "Oh that I knew where I might find Him, That I might come to His seat!
- "I would present my case before Him And fill my mouth with arguments.
- "I would learn the words which He would answer, And perceive what He would say to me.
- "Would He contend with me by the greatness of His power? No, surely He would pay attention to me.
- "There the upright would reason with Him; And I would be delivered forever from my Judge.
- "Behold, I go forward but He is not there, And backward, but I cannot perceive Him;
- When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right, I cannot see Him.
- "But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
- "My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His way and not turned aside.
- "I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
- "But He is unique and who can turn Him? And what His soul desires, that He does.
- "For He performs what is appointed for me, And many such decrees are with Him.
- "Therefore, I would be dismayed at His presence; When I consider, I am terrified of Him.
- "It is God who has made my heart faint, And the Almighty who has dismayed me,
- But I am not silenced by the darkness, Nor deep gloom which covers me. 24
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- "Why are times not stored up by the Almighty, And why do those who know Him not see His days?
- " Some remove the landmarks; They seize and devour flocks.
- "They drive away the donkeys of the orphans; They take the widow's ox for a pledge.
- "They push the needy aside from the road; The poor of the land are made to hide themselves altogether.
- "Behold, as wild donkeys in the wilderness They go forth seeking food in their activity, As bread for their children in the desert.
- "They harvest their fodder in the field And glean the vineyard of the wicked.
- " They spend the night naked, without clothing, And have no covering against the cold.
- "They are wet with the mountain rains And hug the rock for want of a shelter.
- " Others snatch the orphan from the breast, And against the poor they take a pledge.
- "They cause the poor to go about naked without clothing, And they take away the sheaves from the hungry.
- "Within the walls they produce oil; They tread wine presses but thirst.
- "From the city men groan, And the souls of the wounded cry out; Yet God does not pay attention to folly.
- " Others have been with those who rebel against the light; They do not want to know its ways Nor abide in its paths.
- "The murderer arises at dawn; He kills the poor and the needy, And at night he is as a thief.
- "The eye of the adulterer waits for the twilight, Saying, "No eye will see me.' And he disguises his face.
- "In the dark they dig into houses, They shut themselves up by day; They do not know the light.
- "For the morning is the same to him as thick darkness, For he is familiar with the terrors of thick darkness.
- "They are insignificant on the surface of the water; Their portion is cursed on the earth. They do not turn toward the vineyards.
- "Drought and heat consume the snow waters, So does Sheol those who have sinned.
- "A mother will forget him; The worm feeds sweetly till he is no longer remembered. And wickedness will be broken like a tree.
- "He wrongs the barren woman And does no good for the widow.
- "But He drags off the valiant by His power; He rises, but no one has assurance of life.
- "He provides them with security, and they are supported; And His eyes are on their ways.
- "They are exalted a little while, then they are gone; Moreover, they are brought low and like everything gathered up; Even like the heads of grain they are cut off.
- "Now if it is not so, who can prove me a liar, And make my speech worthless?' 25
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.