52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- And Job answered and said,
- Even to-day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning.
- Oh that I knew where I might find him, that I might come to his seat!
- I would order the cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments;
- I would know the words he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me.
- Would he plead against me with [his] great power? Nay; but he would give heed unto me.
- There would an upright man reason with him; and I should be delivered for ever from my judge.
- Lo, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I do not perceive him;
- On the left hand, where he doth work, but I behold [him] not; he hideth himself on the right hand, and I see [him] not.
- But he knoweth the way that I take; he trieth me, I shall come forth as gold.
- My foot hath held to his steps; his way have I kept, and not turned aside.
- Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have laid up the words of his mouth more than the purpose of my own heart.
- But he is in one [mind], and who can turn him? And what his soul desireth, that will he do.
- For he will perform [what] is appointed for me; and many such things are with him.
- Therefore am I troubled at his presence; I consider, and I am afraid of him.
- For łGod hath made my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me;
- Because I was not cut off before the darkness, neither hath he hidden the gloom from me.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Why are not times treasured up with the Almighty? why do not they that know him see his days?
- They remove the landmarks; they violently take away the flocks and pasture them;
- They drive away the ass of the fatherless, they take the widow's ox for a pledge;
- They turn the needy out of the way: the afflicted of the land all hide themselves.
- Lo, [as] wild asses in the desert, they go forth to their work, seeking early for the prey: the wilderness [yieldeth] them food for [their] children.
- They reap in the field the fodder thereof, and they gather the vintage of the wicked;
- They pass the night naked without clothing, and have no covering in the cold;
- They are wet with the showers of the mountains, and for want of a shelter embrace the rock ...
- They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor:
- These go naked without clothing, and, hungry, they bear the sheaf;
- They press out oil within their walls, they tread their winepresses, and suffer thirst.
- Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out; and +God imputeth not the impiety.
- There are those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.
- The murderer riseth with the light, killeth the afflicted and needy, and in the night is as a thief.
- And the eye of the adulterer waiteth for the twilight, saying, No eye shall see me; and he putteth a covering on [his] face.
- In the dark they dig through houses; by day they shut themselves in; they know not the light:
- For the morning is to them all [as] the shadow of death; for they are familiar with the terrors of the shadow of death.
- He is swift on the face of the waters; their portion is cursed on the earth: he turneth not unto the way of the vineyards.
- Drought and heat consume snow waters; so doth Sheol those that have sinned.
- The womb forgetteth him; the worm feedeth sweetly on him: he shall be no more remembered; and unrighteousness is broken as a tree, --
- He that despoileth the barren that beareth not, and doeth not good to the widow:
- He draweth also the mighty with his power; he riseth up, and no [man] is sure of life.
- [God] setteth him in safety, and he resteth thereon; but his eyes are upon their ways.
- They are exalted for a little, and are no more; they are laid low; like all [other] are they gathered, and are cut off as the tops of the ears of corn.
- If it be not so now, who will make me a liar, and make my speech nothing worth?
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.