52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Then Eliphaz the Temanite responded,
- "Should a wise man answer with windy knowledge And fill himself with the east wind?
- "Should he argue with useless talk, Or with words which are not profitable?
- "Indeed, you do away with reverence And hinder meditation before God.
- "For your guilt teaches your mouth, And you choose the language of the crafty.
- "Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; And your own lips testify against you.
- "Were you the first man to be born, Or were you brought forth before the hills?
- "Do you hear the secret counsel of God, And limit wisdom to yourself?
- " What do you know that we do not know? What do you understand that we do not?
- "Both the gray-haired and the aged are among us, Older than your father.
- "Are the consolations of God too small for you, Even the word spoken gently with you?
- "Why does your heart carry you away? And why do your eyes flash,
- That you should turn your spirit against God And allow such words to go out of your mouth?
- "What is man, that he should be pure, Or he who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
- "Behold, He puts no trust in His holy ones, And the heavens are not pure in His sight;
- How much less one who is detestable and corrupt, Man, who drinks iniquity like water!
- "I will tell you, listen to me; And what I have seen I will also declare;
- What wise men have told, And have not concealed from their fathers,
- To whom alone the land was given, And no alien passed among them.
- "The wicked man writhes in pain all his days, And numbered are the years stored up for the ruthless.
- " Sounds of terror are in his ears; While at peace the destroyer comes upon him.
- "He does not believe that he will return from darkness, And he is destined for the sword.
- "He wanders about for food, saying, "Where is it?' He knows that a day of darkness is at hand.
- "Distress and anguish terrify him, They overpower him like a king ready for the attack,
- Because he has stretched out his hand against God And conducts himself arrogantly against the Almighty.
- "He rushes headlong at Him With his massive shield.
- "For he has covered his face with his fat And made his thighs heavy with flesh.
- "He has lived in desolate cities, In houses no one would inhabit, Which are destined to become ruins.
- "He will not become rich, nor will his wealth endure; And his grain will not bend down to the ground.
- "He will not escape from darkness; The flame will wither his shoots, And by the breath of His mouth he will go away.
- "Let him not trust in emptiness, deceiving himself; For emptiness will be his reward.
- "It will be accomplished before his time, And his palm branch will not be green.
- "He will drop off his unripe grape like the vine, And will cast off his flower like the olive tree.
- "For the company of the godless is barren, And fire consumes the tents of the corrupt.
- "They conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity, And their mind prepares deception.' 16
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Then Job answered,
- "I have heard many such things; Sorry comforters are you all.
- "Is there no limit to windy words? Or what plagues you that you answer?
- "I too could speak like you, If I were in your place. I could compose words against you And shake my head at you.
- "I could strengthen you with my mouth, And the solace of my lips could lessen your pain.
- "If I speak, my pain is not lessened, And if I hold back, what has left me?
- "But now He has exhausted me; You have laid waste all my company.
- "You have shriveled me up, It has become a witness; And my leanness rises up against me, It testifies to my face.
- "His anger has torn me and hunted me down, He has gnashed at me with His teeth; My adversary glares at me.
- "They have gaped at me with their mouth, They have slapped me on the cheek with contempt; They have massed themselves against me.
- "God hands me over to ruffians And tosses me into the hands of the wicked.
- "I was at ease, but He shattered me, And He has grasped me by the neck and shaken me to pieces; He has also set me up as His target.
- "His arrows surround me. Without mercy He splits my kidneys open; He pours out my gall on the ground.
- "He breaks through me with breach after breach; He runs at me like a warrior.
- "I have sewed sackcloth over my skin And thrust my horn in the dust.
- "My face is flushed from weeping, And deep darkness is on my eyelids,
- Although there is no violence in my hands, And my prayer is pure.
- "O earth, do not cover my blood, And let there be no resting place for my cry.
- "Even now, behold, my witness is in heaven, And my advocate is on high.
- "My friends are my scoffers; My eye weeps to God.
- "O that a man might plead with God As a man with his neighbor!
- "For when a few years are past, I shall go the way of no return. 17
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.