52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- "Behold, my eye has seen all this, My ear has heard and understood it.
- " What you know I also know; I am not inferior to you.
- "But I would speak to the Almighty, And I desire to argue with God.
- "But you smear with lies; You are all worthless physicians.
- "O that you would be completely silent, And that it would become your wisdom!
- "Please hear my argument And listen to the contentions of my lips.
- "Will you speak what is unjust for God, And speak what is deceitful for Him?
- "Will you show partiality for Him? Will you contend for God?
- "Will it be well when He examines you? Or will you deceive Him as one deceives a man?
- "He will surely reprove you If you secretly show partiality.
- "Will not His majesty terrify you, And the dread of Him fall on you?
- "Your memorable sayings are proverbs of ashes, Your defenses are defenses of clay.
- " Be silent before me so that I may speak; Then let come on me what may.
- "Why should I take my flesh in my teeth And put my life in my hands?
- " Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him.
- "This also will be my salvation, For a godless man may not come before His presence.
- "Listen carefully to my speech, And let my declaration fill your ears.
- "Behold now, I have prepared my case; I know that I will be vindicated.
- " Who will contend with me? For then I would be silent and die.
- "Only two things do not do to me, Then I will not hide from Your face:
- Remove Your hand from me, And let not the dread of You terrify me.
- "Then call, and I will answer; Or let me speak, then reply to me.
- " How many are my iniquities and sins? Make known to me my rebellion and my sin.
- "Why do You hide Your face And consider me Your enemy?
- "Will You cause a driven leaf to tremble? Or will You pursue the dry chaff?
- "For You write bitter things against me And make me to inherit the iniquities of my youth.
- "You put my feet in the stocks And watch all my paths; You set a limit for the soles of my feet,
- While I am decaying like a rotten thing, Like a garment that is moth-eaten. 14
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- "Man, who is born of woman, Is short-lived and full of turmoil.
- " Like a flower he comes forth and withers. He also flees like a shadow and does not remain.
- "You also open Your eyes on him And bring him into judgment with Yourself.
- " Who can make the clean out of the unclean? No one!
- "Since his days are determined, The number of his months is with You; And his limits You have set so that he cannot pass.
- " Turn Your gaze from him that he may rest, Until he fulfills his day like a hired man.
- "For there is hope for a tree, When it is cut down, that it will sprout again, And its shoots will not fail.
- "Though its roots grow old in the ground And its stump dies in the dry soil,
- At the scent of water it will flourish And put forth sprigs like a plant.
- "But man dies and lies prostrate. Man expires, and where is he?
- "As water evaporates from the sea, And a river becomes parched and dried up,
- So man lies down and does not rise. Until the heavens are no longer, He will not awake nor be aroused out of his sleep.
- "Oh that You would hide me in Sheol, That You would conceal me until Your wrath returns to You, That You would set a limit for me and remember me!
- "If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my struggle I will wait Until my change comes.
- "You will call, and I will answer You; You will long for the work of Your hands.
- "For now You number my steps, You do not observe my sin.
- "My transgression is sealed up in a bag, And You wrap up my iniquity.
- "But the falling mountain crumbles away, And the rock moves from its place;
- Water wears away stones, Its torrents wash away the dust of the earth; So You destroy man's hope.
- "You forever overpower him and he departs; You change his appearance and send him away.
- "His sons achieve honor, but he does not know it; Or they become insignificant, but he does not perceive it.
- "But his body pains him, And he mourns only for himself.' 15
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.