52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
Song of Solomon 5
- "Ihave come into my garden, my sister, my bride; I have gathered my myrrh along with my balsam. I have eaten my honeycomb and my honey; I have drunk my wine and my milk. Eat, friends; Drink and imbibe deeply, O lovers.'
- " I was asleep but my heart was awake. A voice! My beloved was knocking: "Open to me, my sister, my darling, My dove, my perfect one! For my head is drenched with dew, My locks with the damp of the night.'
- "I have taken off my dress, How can I put it on again? I have washed my feet, How can I dirty them again?
- "My beloved extended his hand through the opening, And my feelings were aroused for him.
- "I arose to open to my beloved; And my hands dripped with myrrh, And my fingers with liquid myrrh, On the handles of the bolt.
- "I opened to my beloved, But my beloved had turned away and had gone! My heart went out to him as he spoke. I searched for him but I did not find him; I called him but he did not answer me.
- "The watchmen who make the rounds in the city found me, They struck me and wounded me; The guardsmen of the walls took away my shawl from me.
- "I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, If you find my beloved, As to what you will tell him: For I am lovesick.'
- " What kind of beloved is your beloved, O most beautiful among women? What kind of beloved is your beloved, That thus you adjure us?'
- " My beloved is dazzling and ruddy, Outstanding among ten thousand.
- "His head is like gold, pure gold; His locks are like clusters of dates And black as a raven.
- "His eyes are like doves Beside streams of water, Bathed in milk, And reposed in their setting.
- "His cheeks are like a bed of balsam, Banks of sweet-scented herbs; His lips are lilies Dripping with liquid myrrh.
- "His hands are rods of gold Set with beryl; His abdomen is carved ivory Inlaid with sapphires.
- "His legs are pillars of alabaster Set on pedestals of pure gold; His appearance is like Lebanon Choice as the cedars.
- "His mouth is full of sweetness. And he is wholly desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.' 6
Song of Solomon 6
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- "Where has your beloved gone, O most beautiful among women? Where has your beloved turned, That we may seek him with you?'
- " My beloved has gone down to his garden, To the beds of balsam, To pasture his flock in the gardens And gather lilies.
- " I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine, He who pastures his flock among the lilies.'
- " You are as beautiful as Tirzah, my darling, As lovely as Jerusalem, As awesome as an army with banners.
- "Turn your eyes away from me, For they have confused me; Your hair is like a flock of goats That have descended from Gilead.
- " Your teeth are like a flock of ewes Which have come up from their washing, All of which bear twins, And not one among them has lost her young.
- " Your temples are like a slice of a pomegranate Behind your veil.
- "There are sixty queens and eighty concubines, And maidens without number;
- But my dove, my perfect one, is unique: She is her mother's only daughter; She is the pure child of the one who bore her. The maidens saw her and called her blessed, The queens and the concubines also, and they praised her, saying,
- "Who is this that grows like the dawn, As beautiful as the full moon, As pure as the sun, As awesome as an army with banners?'
- "I went down to the orchard of nut trees To see the blossoms of the valley, To see whether the vine had budded Or the pomegranates had bloomed.
- "Before I was aware, my soul set me Over the chariots of my noble people.'
- " Come back, come back, O Shulammite; Come back, come back, that we may gaze at you!' " Why should you gaze at the Shulammite, As at the dance of the two companies? 7
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.