52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Then Job answered,
- "In truth I know that this is so; But how can a man be in the right before God?
- "If one wished to dispute with Him, He could not answer Him once in a thousand times.
- " Wise in heart and mighty in strength, Who has defied Him without harm?
- " It is God who removes the mountains, they know not how, When He overturns them in His anger;
- Who shakes the earth out of its place, And its pillars tremble;
- Who commands the sun not to shine, And sets a seal upon the stars;
- Who alone stretches out the heavens And tramples down the waves of the sea;
- Who makes the Bear, Orion and the Pleiades, And the chambers of the south;
- Who does great things, unfathomable, And wondrous works without number.
- "Were He to pass by me, I would not see Him; Were He to move past me, I would not perceive Him.
- "Were He to snatch away, who could restrain Him? Who could say to Him, " What are You doing?'
- "God will not turn back His anger; Beneath Him crouch the helpers of Rahab.
- "How then can I answer Him, And choose my words before Him?
- "For though I were right, I could not answer; I would have to implore the mercy of my judge.
- "If I called and He answered me, I could not believe that He was listening to my voice.
- "For He bruises me with a tempest And multiplies my wounds without cause.
- "He will not allow me to get my breath, But saturates me with bitterness.
- "If it is a matter of power, behold, He is the strong one! And if it is a matter of justice, who can summon Him?
- " Though I am righteous, my mouth will condemn me; Though I am guiltless, He will declare me guilty.
- "I am guiltless; I do not take notice of myself; I despise my life.
- "It is all one; therefore I say, "He destroys the guiltless and the wicked.'
- "If the scourge kills suddenly, He mocks the despair of the innocent.
- "The earth is given into the hand of the wicked; He covers the faces of its judges. If it is not He, then who is it?
- "Now my days are swifter than a runner; They flee away, they see no good.
- "They slip by like reed boats, Like an eagle that swoops on its prey.
- "Though I say, "I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my sad countenance and be cheerful,'
- I am afraid of all my pains, I know that You will not acquit me.
- "I am accounted wicked, Why then should I toil in vain?
- "If I should wash myself with snow And cleanse my hands with lye,
- Yet You would plunge me into the pit, And my own clothes would abhor me.
- "For He is not a man as I am that I may answer Him, That we may go to court together.
- "There is no umpire between us, Who may lay his hand upon us both.
- "Let Him remove His rod from me, And let not dread of Him terrify me.
- "Then I would speak and not fear Him; But I am not like that in myself. 10
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- "Iloathe my own life; I will give full vent to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.
- "I will say to God, " Do not condemn me; Let me know why You contend with me.
- "Is it right for You indeed to oppress, To reject the labor of Your hands, And to look favorably on the schemes of the wicked?
- "Have You eyes of flesh? Or do You see as a man sees?
- "Are Your days as the days of a mortal, Or Your years as man's years,
- That You should seek for my guilt And search after my sin?
- "According to Your knowledge I am indeed not guilty, Yet there is no deliverance from Your hand.
- " Your hands fashioned and made me altogether, And would You destroy me?
- "Remember now, that You have made me as clay; And would You turn me into dust again?
- "Did You not pour me out like milk And curdle me like cheese;
- Clothe me with skin and flesh, And knit me together with bones and sinews?
- "You have granted me life and lovingkindness; And Your care has preserved my spirit.
- "Yet these things You have concealed in Your heart; I know that this is within You:
- If I sin, then You would take note of me, And would not acquit me of my guilt.
- "If I am wicked, woe to me! And if I am righteous, I dare not lift up my head. I am sated with disgrace and conscious of my misery.
- "Should my head be lifted up, You would hunt me like a lion; And again You would show Your power against me.
- "You renew Your witnesses against me And increase Your anger toward me; Hardship after hardship is with me.
- " Why then have You brought me out of the womb? Would that I had died and no eye had seen me!
- "I should have been as though I had not been, Carried from womb to tomb.'
- "Would He not let my few days alone? Withdraw from me that I may have a little cheer
- Before I go and I shall not return To the land of darkness and deep shadow,
- The land of utter gloom as darkness itself, Of deep shadow without order, And which shines as the darkness.' 11
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.