|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- "If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder,
- and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, " Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,'
- you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
- " You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him.
- "But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you.
- " If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, " Let us go and serve other gods' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known,
- of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end),
- you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him.
- " But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
- "So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
- "Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and will never again do such a wicked thing among you.
- "If you hear in one of your cities, which the LORD your God is giving you to live in, anyone saying that
- some worthless men have gone out from among you and have seduced the inhabitants of their city, saying, " Let us go and serve other gods' (whom you have not known),
- then you shall investigate and search out and inquire thoroughly. If it is true and the matter established that this abomination has been done among you,
- you shall surely strike the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying it and all that is in it and its cattle with the edge of the sword.
- " Then you shall gather all its booty into the middle of its open square and burn the city and all its booty with fire as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God; and it shall be a ruin forever. It shall never be rebuilt.
- "Nothing from that which is put under the ban shall cling to your hand, in order that the LORD may turn from His burning anger and show mercy to you, and have compassion on you and make you increase, just as He has sworn to your fathers,
- if you will listen to the voice of the LORD your God, keeping all His commandments which I am commanding you today, and doing what is right in the sight of the LORD your God. 14
- "You are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves nor shave your forehead for the sake of the dead.
- "For you are a holy people to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
- " You shall not eat any detestable thing.
- " These are the animals which you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat,
- the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope and the mountain sheep.
- "Any animal that divides the hoof and has the hoof split in two and chews the cud, among the animals, that you may eat.
- "Nevertheless, you are not to eat of these among those which chew the cud, or among those that divide the hoof in two: the camel and the rabbit and the shaphan, for though they chew the cud, they do not divide the hoof; they are unclean for you.
- "The pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, it is unclean for you. You shall not eat any of their flesh nor touch their carcasses.
- "These you may eat of all that are in water: anything that has fins and scales you may eat,
- but anything that does not have fins and scales you shall not eat; it is unclean for you.
- "You may eat any clean bird.
- "But these are the ones which you shall not eat: the eagle and the vulture and the buzzard,
- and the red kite, the falcon, and the kite in their kinds,
- and every raven in its kind,
- and the ostrich, the owl, the sea gull, and the hawk in their kinds,
- the little owl, the great owl, the white owl,
- the pelican, the carrion vulture, the cormorant,
- the stork, and the heron in their kinds, and the hoopoe and the bat.
- "And all the teeming life with wings are unclean to you; they shall not be eaten.
- "You may eat any clean bird.
- " You shall not eat anything which dies of itself. You may give it to the alien who is in your town, so that he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner, for you are a holy people to the LORD your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk.
- "You shall surely tithe all the produce from what you sow, which comes out of the field every year.
- "You shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God, at the place where He chooses to establish His name, the tithe of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and your flock, so that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.
- "If the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the LORD your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the LORD your God blesses you,
- then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
- "You may spend the money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.
- "Also you shall not neglect the Levite who is in your town, for he has no portion or inheritance among you.
- " At the end of every third year you shall bring out all the tithe of your produce in that year, and shall deposit it in your town.
- "The Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance among you, and the alien, the orphan and the widow who are in your town, shall come and eat and be satisfied, in order that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do. 15
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- "At the end of every seven years you shall grant a remission of debts.
- "This is the manner of remission: every creditor shall release what he has loaned to his neighbor; he shall not exact it of his neighbor and his brother, because the LORD'S remission has been proclaimed.
- " From a foreigner you may exact it, but your hand shall release whatever of yours is with your brother.
- "However, there will be no poor among you, since the LORD will surely bless you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance to possess,
- if only you listen obediently to the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all this commandment which I am commanding you today.
- " For the LORD your God will bless you as He has promised you, and you will lend to many nations, but you will not borrow; and you will rule over many nations, but they will not rule over you.
- "If there is a poor man with you, one of your brothers, in any of your towns in your land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart, nor close your hand from your poor brother;
- but you shall freely open your hand to him, and shall generously lend him sufficient for his need in whatever he lacks.
- "Beware that there is no base thought in your heart, saying, " The seventh year, the year of remission, is near,' and your eye is hostile toward your poor brother, and you give him nothing; then he may cry to the LORD against you, and it will be a sin in you.
- "You shall generously give to him, and your heart shall not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in all your undertakings.
- " For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, "You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land.'
- " If your kinsman, a Hebrew man or woman, is sold to you, then he shall serve you six years, but in the seventh year you shall set him free.
- "When you set him free, you shall not send him away empty-handed.
- "You shall furnish him liberally from your flock and from your threshing floor and from your wine vat; you shall give to him as the LORD your God has blessed you.
- "You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this today.
- "It shall come about if he says to you, "I will not go out from you,' because he loves you and your household, since he fares well with you;
- then you shall take an awl and pierce it through his ear into the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also you shall do likewise to your maidservant.
- "It shall not seem hard to you when you set him free, for he has given you six years with double the service of a hired man; so the LORD your God will bless you in whatever you do.
- " You shall consecrate to the LORD your God all the firstborn males that are born of your herd and of your flock; you shall not work with the firstborn of your herd, nor shear the firstborn of your flock.
- " You and your household shall eat it every year before the LORD your God in the place which the LORD chooses.
- " But if it has any defect, such as lameness or blindness, or any serious defect, you shall not sacrifice it to the LORD your God.
- "You shall eat it within your gates; the unclean and the clean alike may eat it, as a gazelle or a deer.
- "Only you shall not eat its blood; you are to pour it out on the ground like water. 16
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.