|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus knowing that His hour had come that He would depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
- During supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him,
- Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God,
- got up from supper, and laid aside His garments; and taking a towel, He girded Himself.
- Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.
- So He came to Simon Peter. He said to Him, "Lord, do You wash my feet?'
- Jesus answered and said to him, "What I do you do not realize now, but you will understand hereafter.'
- Peter said to Him, "Never shall You wash my feet!' Jesus answered him, " If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.'
- Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, then wash not only my feet, but also my hands and my head.'
- Jesus said to him, "He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.'
- For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, "Not all of you are clean.'
- So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?
- "You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.
- "If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.
- "For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.
- "Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him.
- "If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.
- " I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, " HE WHO EATS MY BREAD HAS LIFTED UP HIS HEEL AGAINST ME.'
- "From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He.
- "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.'
- When Jesus had said this, He became troubled in spirit, and testified and said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, that one of you will betray Me.'
- The disciples began looking at one another, at a loss to know of which one He was speaking.
- There was reclining on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.
- So Simon Peter gestured to him, and said to him, "Tell us who it is of whom He is speaking.'
- He, leaning back thus on Jesus' bosom, said to Him, "Lord, who is it?'
- Jesus then answered, "That is the one for whom I shall dip the morsel and give it to him.' So when He had dipped the morsel, He took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.
- After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus said to him, "What you do, do quickly.'
- Now no one of those reclining at the table knew for what purpose He had said this to him.
- For some were supposing, because Judas had the money box, that Jesus was saying to him, "Buy the things we have need of for the feast'; or else, that he should give something to the poor.
- So after receiving the morsel he went out immediately; and it was night.
- Therefore when he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in Him;
- if God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and will glorify Him immediately.
- " Little children, I am with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, now I also say to you, "Where I am going, you cannot come.'
- "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
- " By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.'
- Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?' Jesus answered, " Where I go, you cannot follow Me now; but you will follow later.'
- Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You right now? I will lay down my life for You.'
- Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for Me? Truly, truly, I say to you, a rooster will not crow until you deny Me three times. 14
- "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
- "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
- "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
- "And you know the way where I am going.'
- Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?'
- Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
- " If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.'
- Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.'
- Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, "Show us the Father'?
- "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.
- "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.
- "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father.
- " Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
- " If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
- "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
- that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
- "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
- " After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also.
- " In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
- " He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.'
- Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us and not to the world?'
- Jesus answered and said to him, " If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
- "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.
- "These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you.
- "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
- " Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
- " You heard that I said to you, "I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
- "Now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe.
- "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
- but so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me. Get up, let us go from here. 15
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- "Iam the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
- "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.
- " You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
- " Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
- "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
- "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.
- "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
- "My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.
- "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.
- " If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
- " These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.
- "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.
- " Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
- "You are My friends if you do what I command you.
- "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.
- " You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
- "This I command you, that you love one another.
- " If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you.
- "If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.
- "Remember the word that I said to you, " A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
- "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.
- " If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.
- "He who hates Me hates My Father also.
- " If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well.
- "But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, " THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE.'
- "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,
- and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning. 16
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.