|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, and Herod was tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip was tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias was tetrarch of Abilene,
- in the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came to John, the son of Zacharias, in the wilderness.
- And he came into all the district around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins;
- as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, " THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, "MAKE READY THE WAY OF THE LORD, MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT.
- " EVERY RAVINE WILL BE FILLED, AND EVERY MOUNTAIN AND HILL WILL BE BROUGHT LOW; THE CROOKED WILL BECOME STRAIGHT, AND THE ROUGH ROADS SMOOTH;
- AND ALL FLESH WILL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD.'
- So he began saying to the crowds who were going out to be baptized by him, " You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
- "Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, " We have Abraham for our father,' for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.
- "Indeed the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; so every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.'
- And the crowds were questioning him, saying, " Then what shall we do?'
- And he would answer and say to them, "The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do likewise.'
- And some tax collectors also came to be baptized, and they said to him, "Teacher, what shall we do?'
- And he said to them, " Collect no more than what you have been ordered to.'
- Some soldiers were questioning him, saying, "And what about us, what shall we do?' And he said to them, "Do not take money from anyone by force, or accuse anyone falsely, and be content with your wages.'
- Now while the people were in a state of expectation and all were wondering in their hearts about John, as to whether he was the Christ,
- John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
- "His winnowing fork is in His hand to thoroughly clear His threshing floor, and to gather the wheat into His barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.'
- So with many other exhortations he preached the gospel to the people.
- But when Herod the tetrarch was reprimanded by him because of Herodias, his brother's wife, and because of all the wicked things which Herod had done,
- Herod also added this to them all: he locked John up in prison.
- Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus was also baptized, and while He was praying, heaven was opened,
- and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, " You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.'
- When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years of age, being, as was supposed, the son of Joseph, the son of Eli,
- the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,
- the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Hesli, the son of Naggai,
- the son of Maath, the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein, the son of Josech, the son of Joda,
- the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri,
- the son of Melchi, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,
- the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi,
- the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim,
- the son of Melea, the son of Menna, the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan, the son of David,
- the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Boaz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon,
- the son of Amminadab, the son of Admin, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah,
- the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor,
- the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Heber, the son of Shelah,
- the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,
- the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalaleel, the son of Cainan,
- the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God. 4
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness
- for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days, and when they had ended, He became hungry.
- And the devil said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.'
- And Jesus answered him, "It is written, " MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE.'
- And he led Him up and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
- And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
- "Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours.'
- Jesus answered him, "It is written, " YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'
- And he led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here;
- for it is written, " HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU TO GUARD YOU,'
- and, " ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.'
- And Jesus answered and said to him, "It is said, " YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'
- When the devil had finished every temptation, he left Him until an opportune time.
- And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district.
- And He began teaching in their synagogues and was praised by all.
- And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.
- And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,
- " THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,
- TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD.'
- And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
- And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.'
- And all were speaking well of Him, and wondering at the gracious words which were falling from His lips; and they were saying, " Is this not Joseph's son?'
- And He said to them, "No doubt you will quote this proverb to Me, "Physician, heal yourself! Whatever we heard was done at Capernaum, do here in your hometown as well.'
- And He said, "Truly I say to you, no prophet is welcome in his hometown.
- "But I say to you in truth, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the sky was shut up for three years and six months, when a great famine came over all the land;
- and yet Elijah was sent to none of them, but only to Zarephath, in the land of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow.
- "And there were many lepers in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian.'
- And all the people in the synagogue were filled with rage as they heard these things;
- and they got up and drove Him out of the city, and led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city had been built, in order to throw Him down the cliff.
- But passing through their midst, He went His way.
- And He came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and He was teaching them on the Sabbath;
- and they were amazed at His teaching, for His message was with authority.
- In the synagogue there was a man possessed by the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice,
- "Let us alone! What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are the Holy One of God!'
- But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be quiet and come out of him!' And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst of the people, he came out of him without doing him any harm.
- And amazement came upon them all, and they began talking with one another saying, "What is this message? For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits and they come out.'
- And the report about Him was spreading into every locality in the surrounding district.
- Then He got up and left the synagogue, and entered Simon's home. Now Simon's mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Him to help her.
- And standing over her, He rebuked the fever, and it left her; and she immediately got up and waited on them.
- While the sun was setting, all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and laying His hands on each one of them, He was healing them.
- Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, "You are the Son of God!' But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ.
- When day came, Jesus left and went to a secluded place; and the crowds were searching for Him, and came to Him and tried to keep Him from going away from them.
- But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose.'
- So He kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea. 5
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.