52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Peter 4
- Christ, then, having suffered for us in [the] flesh, do *ye* also arm yourselves with the same mind; for he that has suffered in [the] flesh has done with sin,
- no longer to live the rest of [his] time in [the] flesh to men's lusts, but to God's will.
- For the time past [is] sufficient [for us] to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, walking in lasciviousness, lusts, wine-drinking, revels, drinkings, and unhallowed idolatries.
- Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with [them] to the same sink of corruption, speaking injuriously [of you];
- who shall render account to him who is ready to judge [the] living and [the] dead.
- For to this [end] were the glad tidings preached to [the] dead also, that they might be judged, as regards men, after [the] flesh, but live, as regards God, after [the] Spirit.
- But the end of all things is drawn nigh: be sober therefore, and be watchful unto prayers;
- but before all things having fervent love among yourselves, because love covers a multitude of sins;
- hospitable one to another, without murmuring;
- each according as he has received a gift, ministering it to one another, as good stewards of [the] various grace of God.
- If any one speak -- as oracles of God; if any one minister -- as of strength which God supplies; that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom is the glory and the might for the ages of ages. Amen.
- Beloved, take not [as] strange the fire [of persecution] which has taken place amongst you for [your] trial, as if a strange thing was happening to you;
- but as ye have share in the sufferings of Christ, rejoice, that in the revelation of his glory also ye may rejoice with exultation.
- If ye are reproached in [the] name of Christ, blessed [are ye]; for the [Spirit] of glory and the Spirit of God rests upon you: [on their part he is blasphemed, but on your part he is glorified.]
- Let none of you suffer indeed as murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or as overseer of other people's matters;
- but if as a christian, let him not be ashamed, but glorify God in this name.
- For the time of having the judgment begin from the house of God [is come]; but if first from us, what [shall be] the end of those who obey not the glad tidings of God?
- And if the righteous is difficultly saved, where shall the impious and [the] sinner appear?
- Wherefore also let them who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing to a faithful Creator.
1 Peter 5
- The elders which [are] among you I exhort, who [am their] fellow-elder and witness of the sufferings of the Christ, who also [am] partaker of the glory about to be revealed:
- shepherd the flock of God which [is] among you, exercising oversight, not by necessity, but willingly; not for base gain, but readily;
- not as lording it over your possessions, but being models for the flock.
- And when the chief shepherd is manifested ye shall receive the unfading crown of glory.
- Likewise [ye] younger, be subject to [the] elder, and all of you bind on humility towards one another; for God sets himself against [the] proud, but to [the] humble gives grace.
- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in [the due] time;
- having cast all your care upon him, for he cares about you.
- Be vigilant, watch. Your adversary [the] devil as a roaring lion walks about seeking whom he may devour.
- Whom resist, stedfast in faith, knowing that the selfsame sufferings are accomplished in your brotherhood which [is] in [the] world.
- But the God of all grace who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ Jesus, when ye have suffered for a little while, himself shall make perfect, stablish, strengthen, ground:
- to him [be] the glory and the might for the ages of the ages. Amen.
- By Silvanus, the faithful brother, as I suppose, I have written to you briefly; exhorting and testifying that this is [the] true grace of God in which ye stand.
- She that is elected with [you] in Babylon salutes you, and Marcus my son.
- Salute one another with a kiss of love. Peace be with you all who [are] in Christ.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.