52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Peter 4
- Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same thought, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
- so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer by human passions but by the will of God.
- Let the time that is past suffice for doing what the Gentiles like to do, living in licentiousness, passions, drunkenness, revels, carousing, and lawless idolatry.
- They are surprised that you do not now join them in the same wild profligacy, and they abuse you;
- but they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.
- For this is why the gospel was preached even to the dead, that though judged in the flesh like men, they might live in the spirit like God.
- The end of all things is at hand; therefore keep sane and sober for your prayers.
- Above all hold unfailing your love for one another, since love covers a multitude of sins.
- Practice hospitality ungrudgingly to one another.
- As each has received a gift, employ it for one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:
- whoever speaks, as one who utters oracles of God; whoever renders service, as one who renders it by the strength which God supplies; in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal which comes upon you to prove you, as though something strange were happening to you.
- But rejoice in so far as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
- If you are reproached for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
- But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or a wrongdoer, or a mischief-maker;
- yet if one suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but under that name let him glorify God.
- For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
- And "If the righteous man is scarcely saved, where will the impious and sinner appear?"
- Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will do right and entrust their souls to a faithful Creator.
1 Peter 5
- So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ as well as a partaker in the glory that is to be revealed.
- Tend the flock of God that is your charge, not by constraint but willingly, not for shameful gain but eagerly,
- not as domineering over those in your charge but being examples to the flock.
- And when the chief Shepherd is manifested you will obtain the unfading crown of glory.
- Likewise you that are younger be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
- Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that in due time he may exalt you.
- Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you.
- Be sober, be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking some one to devour.
- Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experience of suffering is required of your brotherhood throughout the world.
- And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, establish, and strengthen you.
- To him be the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- By Silva'nus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God; stand fast in it.
- She who is at Babylon, who is likewise chosen, sends you greetings; and so does my son Mark.
- Greet one another with the kiss of love. Peace to all of you that are in Christ.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.